DEANB:

boardo96:
“DEANB”

Anyone recognise the Foden tanker ■■?

Gilpin Demolition Scania.

Bryans MAN.Think they are from Wales ?

Bardon Aggregates MAN.

Cornwall Farmers ERF.

Dont think we have had a Branston motor on here before.

Evening all, a little info for those that maybe interested.
The Foden tanker is 1 of Heltor’s from Heathfield, Newton Abbot,
Gilpins also had a yard not a stone throw away from Heltor.
Mr Smith was right about Bryan’s coming from Okehampton, no longer running,
I’m pretty sure I’m right in saying the Bardon MAN belongs to Valence also based in Heathfield,
and Cornwall Farmer’s had a couple of depots, 1 I remember in Threemilestone near Truro,
we’re taken over by BOCM Pauls I’m guessing about 10 to 12 years ago, now ran by ForFarmers.
Thanks gents, it’s nice being able to look back at these old photos and remember the firms and drivers.
Cheers

Great stuff chap ,thanks for the info ! :smiley: I assume you are from Devon or Cornwall,so here some old ones from that way. :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

AEC’s from 1962.

Thanks Dean for these, yes your right I am from Exeter in Devon, don’t remember these motors as they’re a bit before my time but I do recognise some of the company names, Rowe n Co are still going strong with some flash looking Dafs n Volvos, Frank Tucker as most will probably already know sold out to Evans Transport of Barnstable a few years back, the Heavitree depot has been gone for probably about 40 years or more now but the Peamore depot is in full swing, been going there for many years on and off, as my fathers side kick picking up spares as they were ERF agents and occasionally a visit to the workshops with my grandfather who drove a B series artic for ECC, in later years I’ve taken vehicles there for tacho calibrations, hardly go there at all now as they’re MAN agents, I haven’t got one and without sounding rude
I wouldn’t want one even if it were given to me ! Cheers and thanks again all