PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

ArcDaz:

DEANB:

oiltreader:
Couple more C L Transport, all credit to Richard Says.
Oily

Thanks for the pics Oily. :wink:

windrush:

Yes, definately! When I started at the quarry, April 2nd 1975, the first job I did was to assist the late Trevor Stephenson (who was later killed in a motorcycle accident in Ashbourne) in lifting the radiator back onto it. The vehicle had recently sustained either a cab fire or damaged in an RTA and a new replacement was fitted in our workshop, you can just see that there is a curved ‘flitch plate’ from the nearside windscreen pillar extending across the top of the front bulkhead which was a later factory fitment to try and stop the cab cracking up around the screen. The original driver was a chap named Nelson Clews, but he had left when I started and the driver in the photo is Paul Jones who lived at Kingsley Holt in Staffordshire, the truck was based at our Kevin quarry near Alton Towers at that time. Paul had worked for Herman Tideswell at Kingsley but didn’t stay with Tilcon for long (tipper work doesn’t suit everyone) and I believe he returned to Tideswells again? What happened to it then I’m not sure, it was only a 24 tonne gross SWB and couldn’t be uprated so would have been disposed of early, unlike many of the 30 tonners which were recabbed as S40’s. Kevin quarry had a few drivers around that time who came and went fairly rapidly, and it wouldn’t have been used at our Ballidon quarry, so my information ends there! :wink: I wish I knew the locations of these Tilcon pics though, they did do a certain amount of distance work from both quarries (Twyford near Winchester, Felsted in Essex regularly during sugar beet season with sugar stone, Kent, Cornwall, Isle of Wight etc) but these recent pics could be somewhere in the Midlands? Thank’s for posting them, and apologies for the ramblings!

Edited to add that Bill Clowes (Old Stokie) may know more about its early life as he was driving at Kevin quarry in the days before I joined Tilcon?

Pete.

Nice reply and intresting comments. That pic brought back lots of memories Pete ! :smiley:

5thwheel:
“DEANB” 1968.

Nice pictures as usual Dean.

Humber McVeigh’s international service HITS was a tie up with a freight forwarding company called Sutcliffe,rumour had it that after the first new reefer was sign written and seen leaving Grimsby HQ
as S HITS they decided to drop Sutcliffe from the signage!

David

Thanks for the comments David. :wink:

tribsa:
Hi All

Pat Donavan has retired but his son carries on with a wagon & drag
I hope nobody minds but I have printed a copy off to give to Chris both are very nice people.

Cheers

Rich

Thanks for the info Rich ! :smiley: Where the pic of the wagon and drag ■■? :unamused:

Posted this one a few weeks ago incase you missed it. :wink:

robthedog:
Think it says Morgan & Sons on the Scania.

I think that’s one of C B Morgan from Shaftesbury

Not sure about that one Rob. I thought they packed up years ago now and cant remember the last time i saw one of
there motors ? There colour scheme was a different green. There old yard is now built on so i assumed they sold it ?

Someone on here may know more about Morgan’s ■■ :unamused:

ArcDaz:
“DEANB” Some odds and sods.

Cement mixers
Hi Dean just to say Brillent stuff again i love the pages from the classic truck mags showing the photos of the cement mixers.By the way would know if Paul or Mark has got any photos of the following company who my farther worked for back in day Deards of Finchley they were based in South Mimms and North London they were a big waste company with artic bulkers skip trucks tippers and general haulage etc etc. There fleet of trucks was mixed Guys Mercedes Fodens Scammells Bedford Leylands i hope you may be able to help All the Best Daz :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks for your comments Daz. :wink:

Struggling with Deards pics Daz. This one came in a batch i bought a while back.

Marathon. Hi Dean Deards pics are very hard to get hold they are like gold dust Thank you for putting Leyland Marathon on Daz :smiley:

tastrucker:
“DEANB”
Harry Price Foden tipper.

Hello DEAN , Harry Price are from Dawley Telford ,an old established tipper fleet ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor. :wink:

boardo96:
“DEANB”

Anyone recognise the Scania ■■?

3 Steve Winters, Exeter area, possibly Newton Abbott

boardo96:
“DEANB”

Anyone recognise the scrap hauling ERF ■■? Looks like a Henry Orchard motor, st Austell I believe, used to see them most days going towards Avonmouth docks

boardo96:
“DEANB”

Anyone recognise the DAF wrecker ■■ Cant understand why there is no name on it ,free advertising ■■
I’m sure it’s 1 of Cannon commercials, Bovey Tracey. Looks likes she hooked up 1 of Heltors Daf/Foden units( had some in Jet colours)

Anyone recognise the ERF tipper ■■
Rabbit! Always stuck his hand up to me but I never met him or
knew his real name but if you look you can see his name plate in the windscreen, Rabbit!
I’m guessing he worked out Trusham ? Always saw him flying around the Newton/Exeter area

Thanks for the info on those 4 motors “boardo96” and welcome to the forum. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB”

Jones Transport Foden.

Hey Dean they are from Ystradgynlais in what we call the Swansea valley ,and good to see Mansel Davies as well on the previous page thanx MT

Hi Dean thank you for posting the Deards pic of the Leyland artic on here for me

Cheer’s “MT”. I think Paul Gee has a bit of a fetish for Mansell and Owen’s motors chap. :laughing: :wink: