TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

Yes DaveDocwra,you are correct i used to think the same lots of lorries ,then it took about a year for me to catch up,DUKES as well Montgomery etc.the now modern driver will have no idea what went on ,and as BUZZER sai8d they had no fear of the FRENCH, Germans, or the Spanish as they had a wedge of cash to pay the fines ,they put us to shame .

The only trouble was the company i worked for, wanted you to do the same [BUT RUN LEAGAL] and would not pay fines,that is when i relised i was in the wrong game[fridgeman] as an employee,however, i had no way to change it [cash wise]so you did it…

.Ralphs lads were the same ,up and back before you had got half way home through France , from a pack house in either Spain or ITALY then i realised they did change overs, they must have doctored all the paper work trailer numbers etc…who knows, do i care, no, not now
So to be honest it was a job ,after the first trip i should have said to my self this is nuts ,but keep on going untill 2002 still never learned