PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

colinwallace1:
“DEANB”

Think its a EEC Quarry ERF. ? Is that a Lancia car ■■

Dean, I think the car is a Alpha Romeo, perhaps Alphasud.

Thanks for the name of the car Colin. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
AEC.

Hi Dean ,AEC Mercury ex Great Universal Stores Worcester ,many of them as well as Guys ended up on the showland circuit ,great shots as usual ,regards Keith

Thanks for the info Keith. :wink:

robthedog:
Volvo F10 on traction work from Poole docks looking at the trailer. I think we have had this company on here before and
someone on here drove for them. Think they were based in Lyminton,ring a bell with

Correct Dean one of Ron Ridgers from Lymington

Thats the one Rob,cheers chap. :smiley:

oiltreader:
Your neck of the woods Dean, from Poole snapped in Soton, have access to one or two more Dorset if OK :question:
Oily

Dont recognise it Oily :laughing: :laughing: Pop the Dorset ones on chap. :wink:

M G B:
The Davies Transport Foden on page 364

Small family firm from Burford in Oxfordshire, ran 4/5 lorrys mainly on bulk work.

The lorry in the pic was ex Ferrymasters , came with awful super singles on the rear, very bouncy & very poor traction when in Quarrys & so on, had a L10 ■■■■■■■ engine & 9 speed box, was later changed for a E290 & 13 speed box.

You did well tospot that chap :smiley: Thanks for your comments. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB” Some Welsh motors.

CYMRU Metals ERF taken in 2005. Hey Dean ,what a gem ,from S Wales ! a German ERF ! thanx MT

German ERF ! :laughing:

240 Gardner:

M G B:
The Davies Transport Foden on page 364

Small family firm from Burford in Oxfordshire, ran 4/5 lorrys mainly on bulk work.

The lorry in the pic was ex Ferrymasters , came with awful super singles on the rear, very bouncy & very poor traction when in Quarrys & so on, had a L10 ■■■■■■■ engine & 9 speed box, was later changed for a E290 & 13 speed box.

Well spotted! I hadn’t noticed the reg - sister vehicle FBA 717Y was used in trade press publicity photos, and ended up with a low-loader operator in Longridge, Lancs. These were part of Ferrymasters’ initial foray into 38T operation in May 1983, and I remember an interview with their fleet engineer, Ton Hastey, in Tr*ck magazine, saying that the combination of 250bhp L10 and double drive was perfectly adequate for their operation at the new weights. Hmmmmm. Here it is, albeit without its plates:

Now then Chris i bet your old school report’s said you “Must pay more attention” as not only did you not notice the reg, but you also did not
notice the article you are talking about that i posted on page 361 chap ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: