PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Found a picture of a Commer Cob van, the chap who used to service the first Scania I had a 110 had one, Buzzer.

Heres a nice 110 !

No Dean here is a nice 110 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Buzzer

That almost looks black Buzzer but i assume its dark blue. Does this one look familiar to you out of intrest ?

A04896.JPG

Clarendon Daf.JPGClarendon Haulage was established back in 1950 by Reginald Holt, an acquaintance of the late Tom Riding.

Previously his father (Alfred) and Grandfather (John James) ran a haulage business from their base in Ribchester until 1949 when the UK road transport industry was nationalised and the company was swallowed up into the British Road Services operations.

In 1950 after Reg had completed his National Service with the RAF he found the industry had become highly regulated, with independent hauliers restricted to operating within a 25 mile radius of base.

One of Clarendon’s early lorries was this Albion four wheeler.

1968 and this Dodge four wheeler was another addition to the fleet.
This picture was taken outside the home of the late Tom Riding on Preston Road in Ribchester.

In 1954 after the road transport regulations were relaxed Reg had moved the business to this yard in Ribchester which had been used by his father and grandfather but by 2000 it was decided that this yard was no longer large enough for the business so the company moved to their current site at Mellor Brook near Blackburn…

One of their 1979 registered Volvo F7’s.

Still in businesses today the fleet consists of around 20 articulated curtain sided vehicles.

moomooland:
3Clarendon Haulage was established back in 1950 by Reginald Holt, an acquaintance of the late Tom Riding.

Previously his father (Alfred) and Grandfather (John James) ran a haulage business from their base in Ribchester until 1949 when the UK road transport industry was nationalised and the company was swallowed up into the British Road Services operations.

In 1950 after Reg had completed his National Service with the RAF he found the industry had become highly regulated, with independent hauliers restricted to operating within a 25 mile radius of base.

1One of Clarendon’s early lorries was this Albion four wheeler.

01968 and this Dodge four wheeler was another addition to the fleet.
This picture was taken outside the home of the late Tom Riding on Preston Road in Ribchester.

4 In 1954 after the road transport regulations were relaxed Reg had moved the business to this yard in Ribchester which had been used by his father and grandfather but by 2000 it was decided that this yard was no longer large enough for the business so the company moved to their current site at Mellor Brook near Blackburn…

2One of their 1979 registered Volvo F7’s.

Still in businesses today the fleet consists of around 20 articulated curtain sided vehicles.

Great post Paul, thanks for the information on the company and the pics. Nice to see an old company still operating. :smiley: :wink:

Some old steam trucks.

A04587p.JPG

A04589p.JPG

A04595p.JPG

A04697p.JPG

A04815.JPG

A04816p.JPG

A04818p.JPG

A04819p.JPG

A04812p.JPG

A04826p.JPG

Some trucks at the Great Dorset Steam Fair.

Seddon.

L2191.JPG

Leyland.

L2203p.JPG

Scammell.

L2204p.JPG

AEC.

L2209p.JPG

ERF.

L2211p.JPG

AEC.

L1856p.JPG

ERF.

L1861p.JPG

Atkinson.

L1863p.JPG

Morris.

L1879p.JPG

Scammell.

L2194p.JPG

Various County Council’s liked there Fodens.

A03274p.JPG

Click on pages twice.

clip council fodencm1p.PNG

Council Fodens.

Click on pages twice.

Berliet tanker. Think its Chevron ?

A04270p.JPG

Think its a EEC Quarry ERF. ? Is that a Lancia car ■■

A04271p.JPG

Tarmac Leyland Reiver.

A04316p.JPG

Foreign MAN going through Dorchester before the bypass.

A04412p.JPG

Shell Roadtrain.

A04502p.JPG

Volvo F10 on traction work from Poole docks looking at the trailer. I think we have had this company on here before and
someone on here drove for them. Think they were based in Lyminton,ring a bell with anyone ■■

A04529p.JPG

Chambers & Cook DAF.

A04531p.JPG

Charles Eady Volvo F12 bulker.

A04534p.JPG

CTS ERF bulker.

A04562p.JPG

DEANB:
Berliet tanker. Think its Chevron ?

Tarmac Leyland Reiver.

Foreign MAN going through Dorchester before the bypass.

Shell Roadtrain.

Volvo F10 on traction work from Poole docks looking at the trailer. I think we have had this company on here before and
someone on here drove for them. Think they were based in Lyminton,ring a bell with anyone ■■

Chambers & Cook DAF.

Charles Eady Volvo F12 bulker.

CTS ERF bulker.

Dean, I think the car is a Alpha Romeo, perhaps Alphasud.

DEANB:
Some trucks at the Great Dorset Steam Fair.

Seddon.

Leyland.

Scammell.

AEC.

ERF.

AEC.

ERF.

Atkinson.

Morris.

Scammell.

Hi Dean ,AEC Mercury ex Great Universal Stores Worcester ,many of them as well as Guys ended up on the showland circuit ,great shots as usual ,regards Keith

someone on here drove for them. Think they were based in Lyminton,ring a bell with

Correct Dean one of Ron Ridgers from Lymington

Your neck of the woods Dean, from Poole snapped in Soton, have access to one or two more Dorset if OK :question:
Oily

The Davies Transport Foden on page 364

Small family firm from Burford in Oxfordshire, ran 4/5 lorrys mainly on bulk work.

The lorry in the pic was ex Ferrymasters , came with awful super singles on the rear, very bouncy & very poor traction when in Quarrys & so on, had a L10 ■■■■■■■ engine & 9 speed box, was later changed for a E290 & 13 speed box.

DEANB:
Some Welsh motors.

CYMRU Metals ERF taken in 2005. Hey Dean ,what a gem ,from S Wales ! a German ERF ! thanx MT

Mansel Davies Volvo.

A couple of Smith’s Scanias at Southampton.

T.Alun Jones Scania.

RDH Scania.

Rhys Davies Volvo.

Owens MAN.

Karl Jones & Sons “750” Volvo.

E.Thomas Scania.

S.M.Davies DAF.

M G B:

Small family firm from Burford in Oxfordshire, ran 4/5 lorrys mainly on bulk work.

The lorry in the pic was ex Ferrymasters , came with awful super singles on the rear, very bouncy & very poor traction when in Quarrys & so on, had a L10 ■■■■■■■ engine & 9 speed box, was later changed for a E290 & 13 speed box.

Well spotted! I hadn’t noticed the reg - sister vehicle FBA 717Y was used in trade press publicity photos, and ended up with a low-loader operator in Longridge, Lancs. These were part of Ferrymasters’ initial foray into 38T operation in May 1983, and I remember an interview with their fleet engineer, Ton Hastey, in Tr*ck magazine, saying that the combination of 250bhp L10 and double drive was perfectly adequate for their operation at the new weights. Hmmmmm. Here it is, albeit without its plates:

66 by Barry Wilkinson, on Flickr

colinwallace1:
“DEANB”

Dean, I think the car is a Alpha Romeo, perhaps Alphasud.

Thanks for the name of the car Colin. :wink:

kingswinford kit:
AEC.

Hi Dean ,AEC Mercury ex Great Universal Stores Worcester ,many of them as well as Guys ended up on the showland circuit ,great shots as usual ,regards Keith

Thanks for the info Keith. :wink:

robthedog:
someone on here drove for them. Think they were based in Lyminton,ring a bell with

Correct Dean one of Ron Ridgers from Lymington

Thats the one Rob,cheers chap. :smiley:

oiltreader:
Your neck of the woods Dean, from Poole snapped in Soton, have access to one or two more Dorset if OK :question:
Oily

Dont recognise it Oily :laughing: :laughing: Pop the Dorset ones on chap. :wink:

M G B:

You did well tospot that chap :smiley: Thanks for your comments. :wink:

MANTRONIC:
“DEANB” Some Welsh motors.

CYMRU Metals ERF taken in 2005. Hey Dean ,what a gem ,from S Wales ! a German ERF ! thanx MT

German ERF ! :laughing:

240 Gardner:

M G B:

Well spotted! I hadn’t noticed the reg - sister vehicle FBA 717Y was used in trade press publicity photos, and ended up with a low-loader operator in Longridge, Lancs. These were part of Ferrymasters’ initial foray into 38T operation in May 1983, and I remember an interview with their fleet engineer, Ton Hastey, in Tr*ck magazine, saying that the combination of 250bhp L10 and double drive was perfectly adequate for their operation at the new weights. Hmmmmm. Here it is, albeit without its plates:

Now then Chris i bet your old school report’s said you “Must pay more attention” as not only did you not notice the reg, but you also did not
notice the article you are talking about that i posted on page 361 chap ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

hi Dean
do you have some photos of foreign trucks from the 70s and 80s?
coming in particular from:
Spain
France
Italy
thank you so much !!!
Good weekend
bye
MIMMO

Not had as many Leyland Buffalo’s on here as i thought. I seem to remember they were popular but i imagine they were outsold by
the Marathon.

A01540.JPG

A02604.JPG

A02696.JPG

A02854.JPG

A03401p.JPG

A03478p.JPG

2017-06-11 14.49.08.jpg

Leyland Buffalo brochure.

Click on pages twice to read.