Pubs that were actually on the Woodhead pss

alf1956:
Hello fellow members
My late father who drove for 30+ years for the BRS Sheffield branch told me that there was a pub on the Woodhead pass but it was demolished many years ago, does anybody know of this pub & what was its name & where it was on the Woodhead.

Hi Alf.
I read about an old pub on Woodhead that was demolished years ago but can’t recall where.According to Wikipedia there was one at Saltersbrook ….

A packhorse route called a saltway was maintained from the Middle Ages onwards for the purpose of allowing the export of salt from the Cheshire wiches of Nantwich, Northwich and Middlewich across the Pennines. The passing trade brought prosperity to settlements along the route. The importance of the salt trade along such saltways is shown by surviving placenames; for example Salter’s Brook (SK137999) is where the saltway forked, with one route leading to Wakefield and another to Barnsley. The stone Lady Shaw Bridge still exists at this point, as do the ruins of an old inn. The bridge is just wide enough for a packhorse, though it is suspected that the bridge may have originally been wider and was deliberately narrowed when the Saltersbrook turnpike was built, to prevent vehicles bypassing the toll barrier.[7]

I used Woodhead for donkey’s years,from 1967 till 1994,days and nights and there is only the Dog and Partridge and the Flouch Inn further down nowadays.
I might have known your father,was he at Staniforth Road or Parcels on Langsett Road?