Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Lawrence Dunbar:

tyneside:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Eddie ( Ted ) Herdman worked for us for a number of years in the sixties, mostly on livestock. He left to,start as an O/D with a Dodge tipper on open cast. He eventually ended with three tippers, one driven by his son Edwin or Edward. All on quarry work. He had a yard at Swalwell near to the Metro Shopping Centre. I think they packed in a few years ago

Tyneside

Thats right Tyneside, Their yard was on Waggs Lane Swalwell, They had bays for sand & gravel for small orders etc, Nice to see you on here again, Regards Larry.

Cheers Larry, hope you are well. I keep dropping into TNUK regularly just hasn’t been much to comment on recently, as the old fella used to say “if you’ve got nowt sensible to say keep your gob shut”
I see from some of your posts yourself and one or two others still enjoy a dram or two. I have just finished a bottle of 10 year old Glengoyne and was thinking of replacing it with a Balvenie. Was in Sainsburys the other day and the only one I could find was £73.00 !! Left that one on the shelf !!

Tyneside