Nights out and digi card?

Might as well use an old thread…
Is this still the case that you can choose to leave it in or not?
I take 9 hour breaks away from the truck and always take it out and keep it with me, just checking this is ok?

idrive:
Might as well use an old thread…
Is this still the case that you can choose to leave it in or not?
I take 9 hour breaks away from the truck and always take it out and keep it with me, just checking this is ok?

As far as I’m aware nothing has changed on this issue.

In the UK it’s your choice.

Just a quick one.

When you park up for a night out, do you remove the digi tacho or do you just put it on break over night?

Paul Gloria Meadows:
Just a quick one.

When you park up for a night out, do you remove the digi tacho or do you just put it on break over night?

You can do either, just remember to enter your finish country (when you start your daily rest) and start country (when you end your daily rest) if you are leaving the card in.

its your choice i leave mine in so i can be sure i’ve had enough break

i think its maritime(felixstowe) has a notice up saying if you leave your card in overnite you risk fines upto £370
but on the other hand my old company tell drivers to leave it in, and they were ■■■■■■■ on taco offenses

I always take my card out, never had any problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys. I’m thinking that I’ll take it out. No possible issues then.

the only problem with leaving it in is you have to remember enter end country and start country but it does time your daily rest

Leave it in, it’s safer and less likely to get stolen if the cab is broken into. You can also be sure you have had enough rest by pressing the down arrow once and it is also far quicker to enter the start and end country and switch it to rest than it is to go through the removal and insertion routine.

I’ve always preferred to take the card out and keep it in my wallet but as you can see from the replies in this thread it’s a matter of personal choice, I would say that whatever you choose to do just get into a habit of doing the same thing correctly every time and you shouldn’t have any problems.

I always prefer to eject. Mainly because I’m a numpty.

When I eject, and insert, the machine give me the hints I need to not fall foul of the “end/start location” requirement. It also offers me a print out, then I just transfer the info - at my leisure - onto my timesheet (p.o.a. and breaks) Plus, if I want to “round up” the previous day to a nice even 11 or 13 or 15 - or wind back to an even 11 or 9 hour daily rest, it’s all there presented for me :laughing:

I think the only time I leave it in is if I’m within 5 minutes or so of a 15, and even then I usually forget the end location thing :blush: