digi tacho

hi guys
just the one question i am doing 4 days of tramping soon and i was wondering do i remove my digi card when i park up for the night or put it on break and leave it in? my boss is happy either way but just want your opinions on the subject. :wink:

Either way is legal as long as you input the correct start & finish info.

If you are going to leave the truck unattended for any period of time when on daily rest then it is probably advisable to take it with you

I always take mine out and stick it on the dash in front of me so I won’t forget the blasted thing in the morning - I am NOT a morning person

I always take mine out when i’m on daily rest

I put my card in slot 2 by mistake today, drove for about 10 mins then noticed what I had done, will I get bollocked for this? :open_mouth: I have taken a print out and is has recorded me as poa.

Any advice? I am going to tell my boss at the start of duty so I cover myself.

Thanks

with youre printout just write on the back of it and you should be ok mate

Ok thanks :slight_smile:

I tramp and leave it in until i finish, but at the end of each day i put end country. And obviously start in the morning. not had any problems . :smiley:

Johnny aka Little John:
I tramp and leave it in until i finish, but at the end of each day i put end country. And obviously start in the morning. not had any problems . :smiley:

thats the best way to do it legally if you want to leave it in all week, then it will also take a note of your mileage at the end of every shift, its what i did when i had digi tacho, then theres no fear of forgetting to put it in the next morning. (and the coppers are happy as well if they check it.) i went away on a 2.5 month tour earlier this year,i put it in on Feb 13th when i started, and took it out when i got home in April, no problems (apart from getting a pull in Austria)

kindle530:

Johnny aka Little John:

thats the best way to do it legally if you want to leave it in all week, then it will also take a note of your mileage at the end of every shift, its what i did when i had digi tacho, then theres no fear of forgetting to put it in the next morning. (and the coppers are happy as well if they check it.) i went away on a 2.5 month tour earlier this year,i put it in on Feb 13th when i started, and took it out when i got home in April, no problems (apart from getting a pull in Austria)

If you are doing this, just remember to enter your start and finish place even though it may be the same place every shift.

I found it easier to book off and eject it but leave the card in the slot, that way when you wake up in the dark, the card is there in the correct plane,

Then you are away on a flyer :laughing:

kindle530:

Johnny aka Little John:

Do you have to take the card out to put end Country or can this be done by leaving it in?

muckles:

kindle530:

Johnny aka Little John:

Do you have to take the card out to put end Country or can this be done by leaving it in?

You can leave it in, but if you remove it, it reminded me about the mode switch too, alarm goes off, roll over, flick night heater or electric windows, boil kettle and get dressed, pull curtains, put card in, hit other work, empty â– â– â– â–  bottle and drink tea for 15 minutes, check oil, wheels and load when you arrive at first drop :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
You can leave it in, but if you remove it, it reminded me about the mode switch too, alarm goes off, roll over, flick night heater or electric windows, boil kettle and get dressed, pull curtains, put card in, hit other work, empty â– â– â– â–  bottle and drink tea for 15 minutes, check oil, wheels and load when you arrive at first drop :laughing:

None too sure about your sequence Wheel Nut :wink: but that’s pretty much what I do.

When you eject the card, the machine asks you a couple of ( or 3 ■■) relevant questions. Answer them - job done. Same again when you put it back in. It even asks you if when you last took it out (time) whether that was the end of shift. I don’t even bother with the mode switch - Mainly because I went through a period of forgetting to change it from bed to hammers in the morning. Now, it does it all for me.