nighting out...

In discussion with a mate earlier, A disagreement started along the above subject. I have stayed out in a truck before but only with the old paper Tacho. What is the proceedure for a digital card? do you take the card out after you have finished your day, but put the tacho on rest. Or do you keep card in, but select 24hr/ day option on the menu, and if “tramping” over say 5 days and 4 nights, do you take the card out at all?

my old firm told us to keep the card in from monday till finish on friday/sat

but ive also seen posters at maritime saying you need to take it out… i cant see what difference it makes tbh

lightning:
In discussion with a mate earlier, A disagreement started along the above subject. I have stayed out in a truck before but only with the old paper Tacho. What is the proceedure for a digital card? do you take the card out after you have finished your day, but put the tacho on rest. Or do you keep card in, but select 24hr/ day option on the menu, and if “tramping” over say 5 days and 4 nights, do you take the card out at all?

You can leave it in or week or take it out, if you leave it in remember to put it on rest overnight.

i take mine out as if you need to check anything on a print out you normally end with a full week print out.

In or out, it’s up to you. But the important thing to remember, apart from putting it on rest is to also go into the menu and select the end country and in the morning go back into the menu and select start country. Failing to do so is an offence and over a week you could rack up quite a few offences.

I leave mine in as it keeps it safe. It could get nicked if your cab is broken into and it is lying on the dash, happened to a member on here, or you could lose your wallet if you keep it in there. It’s also a matter of a few seconds to enter the country and switch it to rest rather than going through the whole insertion or removal process.

dazaster:
but ive also seen posters at maritime saying you need to take it out…

Those Maritime posters are ■■■■■■■■ and I think it may just be their way of ensuring the drivers do the end/start country thing. They are trying to make it appear it’s a legal thing but in reality it is just a Maritime thing. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve heard rumours off more than 1 driver of the tacho switching mode for whatever reason through the night, so I’ve always ejected mine to be on the safe side.

I always eject mine

waynedl:
I’ve heard rumours off more than 1 driver of the tacho switching mode for whatever reason through the night, so I’ve always ejected mine to be on the safe side.

I’ve been leaving my card in on nights out for nearly 5 years now and never had the tacho switch mode during the night, and that is in a variety of trucks.

waynedl:

If I took note and believed every rumour I hear I wouldnt leave the house :wink:

Coffeeholic:
In or out, it’s up to you. But the important thing to remember, apart from putting it on rest is to also go into the menu and select the end country and in the morning go back into the menu and select start country. Failing to do so is an offence and over a week you could rack up quite a few offences.

:blush: oops! never had an infringement for it though. Any chance of a basic explaination of how to do it please coffee (stoneridge iirc)?

We have got 4 new DAF’s -
Probelm is from factory the Digi tachs were set that - if you turned on the ignition during rest it would trigger it ot cahnge mode to other work ?
However i found out that its a settable thing and i have had all of them changed so it doesn’t happen
it caught us out for the first week mind you - even opening the window caused it to happen
cheers
Steve

darkseeker:

Coffeeholic:

:blush: oops! never had an infringement for it though. Any chance of a basic explaination of how to do it please coffee (stoneridge iirc)?

Never used a Stoneridge so can’t help.

Oh dear I leave the case in but put it on bed and have the time of. So I need to book of UK every night?
:blush:

brett73:
Oh dear I leave the case in but put it on bed and have the time of. So I need to book of UK every night?
:blush:

Yep, why wouldn’t you? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: You have to put your end location on a chart so why would the digi be any different? You need to enter end country at the end of, and begin country at the start of, every shift even if that is always the same country. Not likely to get prosecuted for that alone however, if you get prosecuted for a couple of other things they are liable to lump all those offences in with it so instead of getting done for 2 offences it could be 100. Sounds a lot worse to the magistrates, who haven’t got much of a clue about transport, and then more likely to get a conviction and heavier punishment.

It takes a matter of seconds to do it, less time than it takes to eject the card, and less time than it takes for me to type out how to do it on a Siemens.

Enter the menu.

Scroll to Entry Driver 1

Select Begin country, or scroll down one and select End country

UK will probably be showing unless you have finished in a different country to which you started.

Press OK

Job done, exit menu.

darkseeker:

Coffeeholic:

It’s ages since I’ve used a Stoneridge tachograph but from pages 17 and 44 here it seems you:

1. Press the “Enter” button to call up the main menu.

2. Use the down arrow twice to scroll through the menu to “End Place”.

3. Press the “Enter” button again.

4. Use the arrows to scroll to the country you want to select (If it’s not already selected).

5. Press the “Enter” button again to confirm the selection and return to the main menu (“End Place” section).

6. Press the “Cancel” button (X button) to leave the main menu

Try it here

If you have a slow connection Try it here

That helps thanks

I always leave my card in, the digi tacho stores 28 days information, and can also be matched to asestation, obviously at the end of each working period and selecting end of duty, country, unless you are using out of scope/ ferry mode.

bigbird201:
I always leave my card in, the digi tacho stores 28 days information, and can also be matched to asestation, obviously at the end of each working period and selecting end of duty, country, unless you are using out of scope/ ferry mode.

No such thing as ferry mode. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: Tacho modes are Driving, Other Work, POA, Break/Rest and there is no special mode when using a ferry.

If you are using the ferry/train option to explain the reason for interrupting a daily rest period you still have to enter the end country, and the begin country at the start of the next shift.

Arrive in the port and after booking on, select rest and enter end country.

Use the ferry option when you move to board the ferry to explain why the rest is being interrupted then put it back on rest once on board.

When disembarking if you have had 11 hours rest set the mode to other work and enter the start country. If you haven’t had 11 hours rest use the ferry option again and disembark. Park up and set the mode back to rest.

When your rest is complete enter the begin country and change mode.

If you don’t use the end and start country options when using interrupted rest then you will have two infringements.

Also your digi card holds a minimum of 28 days information but in reality it will be several months and maybe as much as a year. I have data going back over 11 months on mine and that’s on a card used 5 or 6 days a week.

always take mine out