Night out tacho

Hi all.
I’m gonna be doing a night out tomorrow and I’m not sure what to do with the digi card? Do i leave it in on break overnight or do I take it out at the end of my shift? The last time I had to do a night out digi cards didn’t excist!!!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I used to leave mine in. I also told it to end shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just leave mine in mate, others prefer to remove it every night.
No set procedure afaik.

up to you - it dosen’t really matter . If I’m on a night out I leave the card in , if the trucks parked in the yard and I’m at home I take the card out .

Could depend on the wagon your in. A MAN truck I’ve drove (and maybe others do it) if you play with the ignition switch to open windows, turn heating on etc. the thing will go back to crossed hammers so might catch you out.

I’m an outer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless you are 100% sure of what you are doing re digi cards I’d recommend taking the card out. Leaving it in and trying to muddle your way through leaves a very high possibility of screwing up.

Screwing up will NOT be the end of the world, despite what some may tell you, but why take the risk? Pop it out, you know you want to! (Jeez, I’m starting to sound like Dipper now!).

the maoster:
Unless you are 100% sure of what you are doing re digi cards I’d recommend taking the card out. Leaving it in and trying to muddle your way through leaves a very high possibility of screwing up.

Screwing up will NOT be the end of the world, despite what some may tell you, but why take the risk? Pop it out, you know you want to! (Jeez, I’m starting to sound like Dipper now!).

No you don’t because dipper wouldn’t wait till morning to poke it back in a slot

Good point, well made Blue Estate. :smiley: :smiley:

andy_s:
Could depend on the wagon your in. A MAN truck I’ve drove (and maybe others do it) if you play with the ignition switch to open windows, turn heating on etc. the thing will go back to crossed hammers so might catch you out.

Yeh, it depends on the default setting…I think.
My new Merc done that when I got it, but it went in to the Tacho place, a 5 minute job to set it to break default.

robroy:

andy_s:

My new Merc done that when I got it, but it went in to the Tacho place, a 5 minute job to set it to break default.

Strange as my merc has always defaulted to brake when I turn ignition off

blue estate:

robroy:

andy_s:

So did all the others in the yard, mine was the only one. :neutral_face:
I think that ‘‘they’’ are out to get me, which is why I wear my tin foil hat, it keeps them away… so the voices reckon. :smiley:

Thanks everyone

if in doubt whip it out

malcob:
if in doubt whip it out

Whip it in
Whip it out
And walk away whistling!![WINKING FACE]

Always out, never in…

blue estate: