Questions on digi card

Hi just a quick question when doing nights out with a digi card in are you to remove the card when rest begins or simply leave it in say if you did 4 nights out and just take it out on the end of the 5th day thanks

Hi, if you are on nights out just leave card in till you finish and go home

ok thanks for the help

I always take mine out, that way you don’t forget to book off. Otherwise you could park up for the night get distracted and forget to end your day next morning you realise it then shows 2 days work with no break. I’ve never had a problem taking the card out in this country or anywhere in Europe.

It’s entirely your own choice as to whether you take the card out or leave it in, but if you leave it in don’t forget to enter the end of shift location and the starting location when you re-start work.

Personally I’ve always taken the card out but other people prefer to leave it in, like I said it’s your choice :wink:

Hi. when you park up for the night put it on sleep have req sleep then next morning just start driving no need to mess with tacho head it knows what you are doing. job done.

martin4091:
Hi. when you park up for the night put it on sleep have req sleep then next morning just start driving no need to mess with tacho head it knows what you are doing. job done.

Doing that though shows you have had a 9-11 break not a 9-11 daily rest as you haven’t told it you’ve ended your shift

martin4091:

You still have to ‘mess with the tacho’ because you must enter the end and begin country, even if you never leave the UK. each time you don’t it is an infringement and could lead to a fine.

I always leave mine in the tacho head when on nights out, that way you know where it is, you aren’t going to lose it, have it stolen, or damage it. It is also far quicker to enter the end country and switch the mode to rest than going through the ejection process. Same thing in the morning, change mode to other work and enter begin country, no waiting for the machine to register the card.