Working 6 days a week!

Afternoon all, quite a few of my work friends start at 5.45am, drive a forklift till 8am then 1/2hr break, then put digi card in and then start driving,working in the truck.
Get back to w/house about 16.30 ish, take digi card out and jump back onto a forklift till 19.00 (thats when they book off :wink: ).
And the same workers do every sat morning too!
I can`t get my head round this concerning hours …rest…etc etc etc.
Thats every week.
Anybody help me to understand please, is it posible to do this

Regards

If they’re starting at 05:45 and finishing at 19:00 everyday they’re either booking 3 hours rest during this shift or not booking some or all of the FLT working time.

Without having split daily rest periods you cannot work more than 13 hours from start to finish more than 3 times between weekly rest periods.

As far as the Saturday mornings are concerned, that’s not a problem as long as they have 45 consecutive hours rest at-least every second week, so whether or not it’s legal depends what time they finish work on Saturday.

mither40:

Of course it’s possible, whether it’s legal or not is another story though :slight_smile:

mither40:
Afternoon all, quite a few of my work friends start at 5.45am, drive a forklift till 8am then 1/2hr break, then put digi card in and then start driving,working in the truck.
Get back to w/house about 16.30 ish, take digi card out and jump back onto a forklift till 19.00 (thats when they book off :wink: ).
And the same workers do every sat morning too!
I can`t get my head round this concerning hours …rest…etc etc etc.
Thats every week.

Regards

Not legal if under EU regs if FL work is not recorded and if it is then doing 4 or 5 x 13.25 hour shifts means daily rest is not ok then if less than 45 hours off from sat finish to mon start then weekly rest is also not being adhered to

Probably being paid off a separate sheet for FL work but if DVSA have cause to investigate then many heads will roll

Cheers guys for prompt replies!
Thought so, but cant say owt…cos “they” can do no wrong!
Regards

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mither40:
Regards

You could do an anonymous call to DVSA but I would not personally bother unless I thought it was UNSAFE

ROG:

mither40:
Regards

You could do an anonymous call to DVSA but I would not personally bother unless I thought it was UNSAFE

Get another job first then phone DVSA as a parting gift