Working 6 and 6 help please

Hi all

You’ll have to excuse my ignorance on this subject but I’m needing some help as I’ve never done it before and I’ve heard it can be quite tricky to do if working Monday-Friday

Will I be legal to work six and six on the following info I give I’ll try and break it down to make it easier to understand if possible with what I’ve done so far.

Week 1 - 45h Rest
Week 2 - 40h Rest (finished Sun 1:15am and had 1 day. 16h 15m rest until I started at 5:30pm Monday)
Week 3 - 35-40h (possible rest depends on finish time. Shifts vary from 9-12h max)
Week 4 - Two days work. 5 days off (120h rest)

I work Mon-Fri evening/nights

Finishes Vary however on the first week I did 6 shifts I started my 6th Shift 5pm Saturday and finished 01:15am Sunday.

Started Monday 5:30pm

Done 5 shifts now and want to work another 6th day tonight from 5pm. (Saturday 10th)

I’ll finish around 1-3am doubt it will be later then that unless unlucky.

Start Monday 5:30pm and Tuesday is same start time.

I’m then off on Wednesday for 5 days (120+) depending on start time for the following Monday.

With how my days are and my start and finish times I’m not sure if I’ve covered enough rest for that week or what or if it’s legal for me to do it.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Would need a lot more information,

Ideally you’d need to go back untill you had 90 hours off that crosses Sunday night Monday morning midnight, then from there would need to know all the weekly rest times and days.

Or you could have 45 hours on rest on week 3

But read this, see if it makes sense and allows you to work it out

It’s not your weekly rests that you can reduce every other, it’s any 2 consecutive fixed weeks must have at least 1 full and 1 reduced weekly rest.

Have a weeks holiday, start back 0600 Mon, the week off would count as back to back full weekly rests. because a full weekly rest crossing Sunday midnight, it can count in either.

So because it’s a back to back full weekly, then the 0000 - 0600 basically counts as a full weekly rest for the coming week.

Reduce at the end.

Reduce at the end of the next week

Full at the end of the next

So you reduced, reduced, full

But the fixed weeks were full, reduced, full

If the 1st reduced crosses Sunday midnight, then both reduced are in the same fixed weeks, you would just compensate the 1 that needed the least amount of compensation.

If it was all before midnight Sunday then you just wouldn’t need to compensate that one

It works by moving the rest that counts from the beginning to the end of the week. It only works if your weekly rests cross Sunday midnight, so therefore can be counted in either, but not both. So this can’t be repeated until you have a back to back weekly rests that crosses Sunday midnight to reset it so the rest that counts is at the beginning again

You could carry the potential to do 2 on the bounce forward indefinitely so long as your weekly rest crosses Sunday midnight

Or 2 or more in the same fixed week

stevieboy308:

Ideally you’d need to go back untill you had 90 hours off that crosses Sunday night Monday morning midnight, then from there would need to know all the weekly rest times and days.

Agree with this

Only then can we give you a definitive answer

stevieboy308:

Or you could have 45 hours on rest on week 3

But read this, see if it makes sense and allows you to work it out

It’s not your weekly rests that you can reduce every other, it’s any 2 consecutive fixed weeks must have at least 1 full and 1 reduced weekly rest.

Have a weeks holiday, start back 0600 Mon, the week off would count as back to back full weekly rests. because a full weekly rest crossing Sunday midnight, it can count in either.

So because it’s a back to back full weekly, then the 0000 - 0600 basically counts as a full weekly rest for the coming week.

Reduce at the end.

Reduce at the end of the next week

Full at the end of the next

So you reduced, reduced, full

But the fixed weeks were full, reduced, full

If the 1st reduced crosses Sunday midnight, then both reduced are in the same fixed weeks, you would just compensate the 1 that needed the least amount of compensation.

If it was all before midnight Sunday then you just wouldn’t need to compensate that one

It works by moving the rest that counts from the beginning to the end of the week. It only works if your weekly rests cross Sunday midnight, so therefore can be counted in either, but not both. So this can’t be repeated until you have a back to back weekly rests that crosses Sunday midnight to reset it so the rest that counts is at the beginning again

You could carry the potential to do 2 on the bounce forward indefinitely so long as your weekly rest crosses Sunday midnight

Or 2 or more in the same fixed week

Hi Stevie thanks for the response.

My weekly rests for the 45h is Saturday into Monday as I don’t start work until Monday evening.

On the 3rd week when I have 5 days off the days off will be

Wed/Thurs/Friday/Sat/Sund into Monday Evening when I’m back at work at 5:30pm.

I’ve attached my tacomaster to see if that will help though it’s not updated to state I worked last night.

As you can see my weekly rest went into the Monday. I’m still confused though I’ve just randomly woke up after a few hours sleep so heading back to sleep and will if I can make more sense of what you’ve put when I get up. Thanks.

When was the last time you had 90 hours off including sunday midnight :question:
Please list all the weekly rests after that 90 off

We can then help

ROG:
When was the last time you had 90 hours off including sunday midnight :question:
Please list all the weekly rests after that 90 off

We can then help

I had 84h off in a single block around 4 weeks ago

is blue days worked and white days off :question: :question:

ROG:
is blue days worked and white days off :question: :question:

Yes mate.

OK here goes … ASSUMING ALL WEEKLY REST ON A SUNDAY INCLUDES SUNDAY MIDNIGHT

Last week of june has a REDUCED on the thursday
july 01 has a REGULAR at the start as shown at the end of the june week
july 08 has a REDUCED using the first 39 of the 84 off
july 15 has a REGULAR using the last 45 of the 84 off
july 22 has a REDUCED using the end of the july 15 week - there is also an extra weekly rest in the july 22 week on thursday which does not need compensating for
july 29 has a REGULAR using the end of the july 22 week
august 05 has a REDUCED using the end of the july 29 week

august 12 week must have a REGULAR

I am certain I have done that correctly and hope another member will confirm this

ROG:
OK here goes … ASSUMING ALL WEEKLY REST ON A SUNDAY INCLUDES SUNDAY MIDNIGHT

Last week of june has a REDUCED on the thursday
july 01 has a REGULAR at the start as shown at the end of the june week
july 08 has a REDUCED using the first 39 of the 84 off
july 15 has a REGULAR using the last 45 of the 84 off
july 22 has a REDUCED using the end of the july 15 week - there is also an extra weekly rest in the july 22 week on thursday which does not need compensating for
july 29 has a REGULAR using the end of the july 22 week
august 05 has a REDUCED using the end of the july 29 week

august 12 week must have a REGULAR

I am certain I have done that correctly and hope another member will confirm this

That sounds about right. Someone I spoke to has said I’ve got to take a regular rest break next week and as I’m off for 5 days in that week I should be ok.

Thanks all.

If those 5 days off includes sunday midnight then you will have a regular weekly rest for the week ending and the week starting

double post

ROG:
If those 5 days off includes sunday midnight then you will have a regular weekly rest for the week ending and the week starting

They do. My shift starts every Monday 5:30pm.

Thanks.

Had myself worried then but now I know I can do a double and then take two weekends off rather then doing 6/5 6/5 constantly.

Appreciate all the input everyone has given me.

Jax