NZ Earthquakes

Sorry fellas, been away from this forum for awhile…

That Kaikoura earthquake was not fun one to experience… …majority of quakes I’ve experienced here have been quite sharp and above all, lasted only max. 15-20sec. Well, that one, reckon it was close to 2minutes…

My missus woke up at first (this was early hrs of morning) and was telling me to wake up. Initially was thinking ‘just another quake’ but then it just kept rocking and wobbling and thought ‘■■■■, better get up’. It was just a shallow rocking but it lasted and lasted and lasted and lasted… At the time we had a Chinese student staying with us, had never experienced earthquake, he was quite shaken to say the least…

SH1 north from Kaikoura is still f***ed, inland route to there is open thou. All the trucks have to via via Lewis pass to ferry, think someone told me that now it takes roughly 8hrs from Christchurch to Picton when it used to be 4.5-5hrs… Presumably SH1 could be accessible sometime this year but railroad is completely munted, reckon trains won’t operating for couple of yrs…