South Island Video

Just came across this video of the Kaikoura coast on board a Kenworth B-train, it could be a Weatherall truck but it’s not me driving…This is the easy part, gets a lot twistier between Cheviot and Kaikoura with plenty of steep grades, beats the M25 anyday…
Don’t stop at the snack vans along this stretch if your looking for a bacon cob or burger… They sell Crayfish and other exotic seafoods to tourists at something like $50 a portion! :open_mouth:
youtube.com/watch?v=aK4BJs06 … re=related
So, who wants to be a Kiwi trucker now then :question:

duck i haven’t watched the video yet,i’ll check it out later, but i’ve driven this road in a car. there was a wee food shack type of place that had a large artificial crayfish at it and it wasn’t expensive when we stopped for a snack,i wonder is it still there ?thats a good drive from chch to picton, i wouldn’t fancy doing it at night though.

Yep, it’s still there… I always got the (zb)ty start times and had to meet the 9AM ferry at Picton which meant leaving Christchurch between 3-4AM so the first part of the journey was in the dark. Breakfast was a pie at the Mobil station in Amberley :imp: CVIU/Cops like to take photos when your on the jake brake coming down the hill into Blenheim. Heard it’s something like a $150 fine if you cross the centre line with the trailer whilst going through the S-bend sections. :open_mouth: Best time to visit Blenheim itself is February when the wine festival is on. Don’t be alarmed if you come across intoxicated young ladies vomiting on the street with their bare breasts exposed. I’m told this is a perfectly normal annual occurance. :laughing:

piece of ■■■■ that,looks the same as the 77 from cairnryan up to ayr,and theres drunk wimin rollin about the streets of girvan ALL the time :laughing: :laughing: ,only jokin,good vid mate