Any jobs in New Zealand?

Just landed in Brisbane, started ringing the NZ trucking companies, seems the shortage is drying up, think the recession has hit NZ? Any of our boys ‘down under and across abit’ know what the score is? going to fly over between xmas and new year not sure whether to hit Auckland or Christchurch,
I’d be grateful for any info,
jim

Auckland would be prob better for you to start .
When I looked into it there was pleanty of work on the north Island get into the agency’s.
There was work on the south Island but apparently its better in the summer season when the fruit starts running
Only saying what I was told mind so dont take it as written

Good luck any how

oh yeah
if you go to Christchurch look out for some CRAZZY bird I went out with she lives down that way now and yep she’s CRAZZY :laughing: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I have a mate in NZ & it’s on it’s arse over there too, he’s looking at going to Australia it’s getting that bad, he says there are firms closing down every day.

ive been making a few enquiries myself as im due to head out there for 12 months in feb and starting to think i made a wrong choice

any info on what you find out would be much apreciated

It’s seems to be a world-wide recession.

newmercman:
I have a mate in NZ & it’s on it’s arse over there too, he’s looking at going to Australia it’s getting that bad, he says there are firms closing down every day.

I think I saw somebody say on another thread you are in Canda mewmercman…what’s it like there?

I thought it being summertime over there they would be busy, but I’ve been told they seem to close down until end of january, I’m going to fly out there next week and spend a couple of weeks looking around, a lot of owner ops and small companies are looking but not advertising, word of mouth i’ve been told, if I find a good company i’ll pass it on,
Like the man said, same as the UK all the good jobs arn’t advertised,

Yes I’m in Canada, there are still jobs out here, some good, some bad.

I had ‘issues’ at the 1st job, but my current one is good, it’s no holiday, plenty of 700+miles days, that doesn’t take as long as you would think because of the higher speeds & lack of traffic, so it’s not difficult. I’m heading off to Texas tomorrow (Saturday) morning so no weekend off for me, I’ve been off for the past 2 days though, if you don’t mind that then it’s a good place to be.

The standard of living is better, kids are better off over here for sure. I’m enjoying every minute of it.

I had 9yrs in the US as an owner operator, got divorced and sent packing, unfortunately most of the canadian companys run the US and I’m not interested in going back, I like the canadians I met but the yanks wore me out! and the one I married cleared me out! once bitten! the first couple of years was good but after that!!!

I had 9yrs in the US as an owner operator, got divorced and sent packing, unfortunately most of the canadian companys run the US and I’m not interested in going back, I like the canadians I met but the yanks wore me out! and the one I married cleared me out! once bitten! the first couple of years was good but after that!!!

How did the Americans wear you out?

There are plenty of jobs in Canada that won’t run you down to the U.S. Where are you now and what are you doing?

When you were down in the states, how was the pay?

And for people wanting to go to NZ, my sister moved there a few years ago from the UK. She’s a doctor and so is her husband, and they are thinking of moving out of there as things are not looking too good. She does love there but the economy has tanked.

This is my old workmate dans motor. (ex rh and denbys if anyone knows him)

He lives near lake taupo and loves nz. I dont know if there recruiting but they obviously take brits.