Canada...illusions and info

Go to Bison Transportā€™s website, it will probably be on there somewhere, theyā€™re one of the firmā€™s attending.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
Go to Bison Transportā€™s website, it will probably be on there somewhere, theyā€™re one of the firmā€™s attending.

Thank you.

onyerbike:

Big Truck:
If you want to earn MEGA money and have decent time off look about doing your dozer/360 track digger tickets in UK.

Check out my thread on ā€œProfessional drivers forumā€ ref plant wages,
You can earn Ā£1500+/wk SE if you put in the 12hr shifts!!!

If I was 30yrs younger thatā€™s where Iā€™d be heading!!![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Are the companies not asking for 2 years experience?
I briefly looked into getting qualified for 360 or driving cranes a year or so ago, had my class one for 15 years, fancy a change and decent money would be good!
Any advice for me how to get into the 360 industry?

Get your ā€œdump Truckā€ CSR ticket 1st and ask about 360/dozer ā€œexperienceā€@ plant training firm.

The dump truck work is basically common sense equal to 8wheeler tipper and will get the foot in the door with the plant hire companies.
Google:
Lynch plant hire
Blackwell plant hire
HET Services etc.

Big Truck:

onyerbike:

Big Truck:
If you want to earn MEGA money and have decent time off look about doing your dozer/360 track digger tickets in UK.

I briefly looked into getting qualified for 360 or driving cranes a year or so ago, had my class one for 15 years, fancy a change and decent money would be good!

Get your ā€œdump Truckā€ CSR ticket 1st and ask about 360/dozer ā€œexperienceā€@ plant training firm.

The dump truck work is basically common sense equal to 8wheeler tipper and will get the foot in the door with the plant hire companies.
Google:
Lynch plant hire
Blackwell plant hire
HET Services etc.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using
Tapatalk

Thanks mate.

Steve has omitted to tell you all that the highlight of his time driving over here is when he met me by accident at the TA in Columbia NJ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ha ha pat and that lovely pic :smiley:

stevejones:

Guys, I saw that pic. Couldnā€™t work out who was who. Then Pat posted a pic of him and his wife. Sweet.
Steve, all them years partying in Morroco and working for Ralph Davies, have taken their toll.
Call me on your next visit to Florida, lets get you back in the game LOL.
If you donā€™t laugh, youā€™l cry, and thatā€™s no fun!

Paul

Big Truck:

onyerbike:

Big Truck:

Google:
Lynch plant hire
Blackwell plant hire
HET Services etc.

Been looking at training for Dump trucks, CITB do a 5 day course for around Ā£1400

Couple of questions:
Can anyone recommend a decent training provider?
Is there a busy and quiet period for dump truck work in the UK for self employed drivers? (So I can train in quiet period)
Any decent agencyā€™s to get in touch with for work, Iā€™m based near Milton Keynes, but know I will need to travel.

hi paul yes i went to the well many times especially in morrocco and wouldnt change a thing m8 .just had medical all gd no diabeties no cholestrel heart ok bit overweight but at 55 and driving since 21yrs it aint bad and up till moving to canada at 43 was still running 2/3miles a night when parked up .just happy to plod on now and them memories are gold :smiley:

Paul John:

stevejones:

Guys, I saw that pic. Couldnā€™t work out who was who. Then Pat posted a pic of him and his wife. Sweet.
Steve, all them years partying in Morroco and working for Ralph Davies, have taken their toll.
Call me on your next visit to Florida, lets get you back in the game LOL.
If you donā€™t laugh, youā€™l cry, and thatā€™s no fun!

Paul

Patā€™s the one that looks like Eric Clapton.

Hello gents

Which one of these Canadian provinces would allow my partner to get work permission if I was offered a job there by one of these companies.
Would she need to be married to me, or could she go there with me as my gf?

Thank you

internetfan:
Hello gents

Which one of these Canadian provinces would allow my partner to get work permission if I was offered a job there by one of these companies.
Would she need to be married to me, or could she go there with me as my gf?

Thank you

It all depends on the specific type of work permit/visa you intend to enter the country with , more info required .

Hi FTTM
If I understand all these visas correctly, my only options as a truck driver coming to Canada would beas follow:

1. Alberta, first, Temporary Work Permit for 6 months with employer who can get LMIA for me, then apply for permanent residency and wait till granted.
    If I was given TWP Alberta would my partner be also granted a work permit straight away, or would she be granted it when I applied for PR or got granted PR?
  2. Saskatchewan, first TWP for 6 months, then same as with Alberta.
  3. Manitoba,
    A) same scenario as with Alberta and Saskatchewan
    B) or, Iā€™ve heard you could also directly get onto MPNP as a truck driver and get nominated before you even leave Blighty, so your application for PR is already lodged and accepted before you even land in Canada and start working.

Iā€™m wondering what would my options be in each scenario mentioned above regarding my partnergetting work permit in each province.

Thanks

internetfan:
Hi FTTM
If I understand all these visas correctly, my only options as a truck driver coming to Canada would beas follow:

1. Alberta, first, Temporary Work Permit for 6 months with employer who can get LMIA for me, then apply for permanent residency and wait till granted.
    If I was given TWP Alberta would my partner be also granted a work permit straight away, or would she be granted it when I applied for PR or got granted PR?
  2. Saskatchewan, first TWP for 6 months, then same as with Alberta.
  3. Manitoba,
    A) same scenario as with Alberta and Saskatchewan
    B) or, Iā€™ve heard you could also directly get onto MPNP as a truck driver and get nominated before you even leave Blighty, so your application for PR is already lodged and accepted before you even land in Canada and start working.

Iā€™m wondering what would my options be in each scenario mentioned above regarding my partnergetting work permit in each province.

Thanks

The CIC frequently change their criteria for PR qualification , so donā€™t take this reply as gospel .
Forget Alberta , you would be at the mercy of your employer , and they certainly wonā€™t be in a rush for you to gain PR .For the SK and MB programs , if your partner was your spouse sheā€™d have to wait for 12mths or until you renewed your TWP before she could work . As a partner though , she should be able to apply for a TWP straightaway , supposing she has the required skills .
I could be totally wrong , it was a while ago for us . Welcome to a minefield of bureaucratic nonsense btw .

Thanks FTTM
So, that means if she was my partner she would still need to rely on her own skills and point system rather than getting her right to work because of being my partner.
She could be getting a few points for having someone living in Canada, I guess, but that is only if I already had my PR at least, I suspect.
Will have to do some more reading on this

In MB your partner/spouse gets a TWP if youā€™re on PNP, your kids get schooling and Manitoba Health (NHS) but any kid over 18 gets SFA, they canā€™t work, go to college or use the Manitoba Healthcare system unless they pay for it, until you get PR.

Hi NMM

Thanks for contributing.
So, If I was married my wife, would get a work permit, once I was accepted onto MPNP?
So, lets say, if I came to work for a company on TWP for 6 months, before applying for MPNP (as I would be allowed to applied only after completing 6 months employment with a given employer) my wife would not be allow to work, am I right?
Would she be allowed to come with me to Canada, and if so on what visa?
After 6 months of employment I would apply for MPNP.
Once I applied, lodged my documents, would my wife be able to get a TWP, or would she need to wait longer, and how long?

Thanks

Itā€™s been a while, but IIRC, yes you can bring your wife and kids on a TWP, they all get MB health and the kids get to go to school, only exception is kids over 18, they get neither. Your wife will get an open work permit, allowing her to do anything she wants except work in schools or in the ā– ā– ā–  trade (seriously, it actually says that on the permit) thatā€™s how it was when I did it.

I had a 2yr TWP under the old LMO scheme, did a year on my own and then the tribe followed, applied for MBPNP at the end of the 2yr TWP and extended that for another year while PNP was processed, then another two annual renewals as we waited for PR. I actually had two TWPs as I needed one for my magazine work as well as the lorry driving, so I had 8 TWPs I total.

So if things are still the same, you will get your TWP for the company youā€™re coming to work for, your wife will get an open work permit, kids can go to school and you all get MB health, the only exception is kids over 18, if you have any of them youā€™ll need to get them an annual health insurance plan before you get here, just a simple holiday insurance thing will do, it will save you a fortune if they have to go to the doctor or the hospital.

Just out of interest, if I came to Canada on a TWP with no real intention of going for PR, would I be limited to driving in Canada only? Iā€™ve had my class one for 15 years including 18 months driving in France, would I need 2 years international to be able to have the option of doing Canada - U.S?

onyerbike:
Just out of interest, if I came to Canada on a TWP with no real intention of going for PR, would I be limited to driving in Canada only? Iā€™ve had my class one for 15 years including 18 months driving in France, would I need 2 years international to be able to have the option of doing Canada - U.S?

You would have no restriction on where you can go. Not many companies would need Canada only drivers on work permits, almost all of your work would be cross border.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk