This is making me reconsider my future

I was sent into battersea in an artic, took one wrong turn and found there was no way out and weight limits everywhere and rush hour at 4.30pm.does anybody know what`s likley to happen.This was my first trip into central london and not looking forward to doing this again,most stressful hour of driving since starting in april

Don’t let one mishap spoil a career. We all make mistakes just learn from it. Sounds like a very stressful position to be in, at least you didn’t break anything! Chin up mate, at least you won’t do it again!

Cheers Tarrman but i dont think anyone wants someone who wont go to central london unless i can get local and outside london well have to see what happens, cheerss again

gwange:
Cheers Tarrman but i dont think anyone wants someone who wont go to central london unless i can get local and outside london well have to see what happens, cheerss again

wouldnt worry about it, you will laugh about moments like that in years to come. my old man wreaked a trailer on a low bridge in the early 80’s he laughs about it to this day, and gets a bitta stick. stick at it, if every thing in life was plain sailing it would be great, but sadly its not

irishexpat:

gwange:

wouldnt worry about it, you will laugh about moments like that in years to come. my old man wreaked a trailer on a low bridge in the early 80’s he laughs about it to this day, and gets a bitta stick. stick at it, if every thing in life was plain sailing it would be great, but sadly its not

Quite agree with irishexpat. In a few years you’ll be posting on here to newbies telling them of your mishap.

Chin up all part of the learning.

your all probably right but at this moment still licking wounds waiting for a fine,hope it doesnt happen as no money to pay so crossing fingers.And by the way driving in london was like ice road truckers in india motorbikes and bikes coming from everywhere,suprised i didnt kill someone

Look upon it as an adventure.

I,M A LORRY DRIVER GET ME OUT OF HERE. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Take a chill pill, we have all done it…London is a busy place day and night…if your in the rush hour dont let the traffic push you along, foot on brake if they dont like it they will go round you…you mite encounter the 2 fingered salute and the effin and geffin…bollox to them slow yourself down give your brain enough time to make a decision…you had a crap day we all have them…put it behind you matey tomorrows another day…good luck,shytalk.

shytalk:
Take a chill pill, we have all done it…London is a busy place day and night…if your in the rush hour dont let the traffic push you along, foot on brake if they dont like it they will go round you…you mite encounter the 2 fingered salute and the effin and geffin…bollox to them slow yourself down give your brain enough time to make a decision…you had a crap day we all have them…put it behind you matey tomorrows another day…good luck,shytalk.

^^^This

I know a few drivers who wont even touch London & they are experienced :unamused: even told there boss "I wont go into London mind " or "cant do that run as it is in London " :unamused: but then they want the nice new (ish) Euro 5 motors :unamused: so it is down to the other to pick it all up & they only go to outskirts not in the congestion zone

So you took a wrong turn big deal have taken many in my time ( can I have a £1 for every 1 I have taken please ) work on theory you got it in must be able to get it out ok may take you sometime but you can do it just dont panic take your time think

wrong turns i`ve done many times not a major problem to deal with but weight limits were the main problem,nowhere to get out once i was in, every road had limits so no choice but to keep driving,got out in the end,just waiting to see if i get fined and never again will i go into london,bad enough not knowing your way around and the tiny yard your suposed to get in and out of without having the stress of weight limits and no choice but keep driving on them till your lucky enough to get out of it.AND WAS LUCK

A bloke from Stobarts did that, bent a new trailer and they gave him the job of driver trainer. It’s true, it was on TV :laughing:

Now tht`s funny :laughing:

Sorry but are you man or mouse :question: it happens live with it move on tomorrow is another day you wanted to be a driver :question: so do it at least you wont turn down there again will you

Like I said if you got in you can get out even if have to reverse good practice

Yep not long ago did put a Cat C where it shouldnt have been soon as turned realised but then there was a 90 degree bend the road narrowed a little this was 01.00 so no traffic around no lights apart form the lorry only way out was to back it out way I had come in yep there was a “few” shunts put in also me climbing out the cab a few times due to grass verges & trees / hedges but took time & got it out nobody around to ask as was middle of nowhere did I panic nope did I come back & put on here was going to give up :question: No & yep I am female

■■■■■

Middle of nowhere is completely different to rush hour traffic in london female or not and ■■■■■ maybe right, it was too dangerous to start backing down main road in an artic not rigid in the dark and rush hour,safety first and as far as coming on here it was more of a gripe and question about wether i will be fined or not.and at least give you something to talk about

I don’t think you will get a fine IMO , what were the weight limits? If its your first time down there aswell they got to take that into consideration , they just don’t like you stopping on the red routes lol

yeh central London is sometimes a complete nightmare, dunno if your get a fine but I went through the C zone and got one

These things happen don’t worry it’s part of the job. Forget about it and move on.

gwange:
I was sent into battersea in an artic, took one wrong turn and found there was no way out and weight limits everywhere and rush hour at 4.30pm.does anybody know what`s likley to happen.This was my first trip into central london and not looking forward to doing this again,most stressful hour of driving since starting in april

Don’t beat yourself up over it matey.
I’ve been driving in London for longer than I care to remember,but still had a bit of a stressful hour last sunday as the road I needed in Lewishham was closed by the cops due to a stabbing,got sent round some side streets had trouble getting round with cars parked either side etc: t1ts hooting their horns because I had the audacity to stop with hazards on to consult my A-Z and slow them down for a few minutes in the process. :unamused:
Finally made it out and got onto the A20,copped a sweat on I can tell you. :laughing:
Get back in the saddle asap ! :wink:

I could write a small book citing occasions when I’ve gone through weight limits both UK and Europe. It happens. Often the signs are too late for you to do anything eg you’ve already turned just to be faced with a weight limit.

To miss an advance warning sign, I’d struggle to forgive (though we’ve all done it) but the rest of the time, that’s life. And I’ve never been “done”. Even had a police ■■■■■■ through Budapest at 2 in the morning because I’d ended up looking at a 3m height limit quickly following a 7.5 weight limit! Thought that would have been worth prison but just by being pleasant and looking dim (I’m expert at that!) you’ll be amazed what you can get away with.

If it’s a camera that gets you, it’s got to be worth a nice letter.

So it behoves everyone to keep their eyes open but, when that fails, be ready with the dim look!

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing: