Your not a trucker until

…you’ve been turned round by the police and driven up the motorway the wrong way.

on sat morning i was cruising down the M3, then got on M27 west, just coming up to rownhams services and it all came to a stop at about 0445,

i was almost at the front of what became a MASSIVE tailback, after about 10 minutes of nothing, everyone started the tradition of getting out and looking to see what was happening

turned out that some poor soul was thinking of jumping off a bridge, i’m sure they talked him down so hope he has a chance to see sense.

anyway parked next to me in the q were 2 plain white artics that were heading for the 0800 boat from poole to santander, they were doing an exhibition in valencia at 0900 monday morning, i’m pretty sure they missed the boat, which only goes twice a week,

so don’t know how they are gonna do it, driving through france was originally a no no, only other way is if they rang the port and got the boat to hold on

really think the boat would wait for them?

oh and I must be a proper trucker theb because I have been turned around on the mway by them :smiley:

I’ve said it before and I stick by it. A sniper would have solved this situation very quickly. You and everyone else get on your way, the exhibition trailers get there on time and the person on the bridge gets what they wanted. Sorted and with minimum inconvenience. :wink:

I can`t be a proper trucker though I never claim to be.

I am with coffeeholic on this, just get him down and the quicker the better. :laughing:

Coffeeholic:
I’ve said it before and I stick by it. A sniper would have solved this situation very quickly. You and everyone else get on your way, the exhibition trailers get there on time and the person on the bridge gets what they wanted. Sorted and with minimum inconvenience. :wink:

You are so right mate.

Steve-o:
really think the boat would wait for them?

Calmac from Uig to Lochmaddy was waiting for me a couple of times :slight_smile: If I was booked, they were even calling my boss to ask where I am and if I will make it. Then they were given my number, and I had them on the phone “where are you, faster, faster, we are waiting for you”…

I remember when I entered the Uig terminal too quickly (56 on 30mph in the village :blush: ) and I saw a police car parked outside the office. I opened the window as lady was giving me my ticket, and I saw the plod approaching. “I am ■■■■■■ up” I thought too myself, but what he said was “At least, driver! Everyone are waiting for you! You really couldn’t make it any faster?” :smiley: :smiley:

And I’ve been waiting on it for someone else several times - some wedding guest, some funeral, late military lorry…

Am I a trucker thanks to it? Or it does not counts? :wink:

I was heading from Portsmouth to Southampton when I got diverted off the M27 back to the M3 so turned round at Eastleigh and went in via the A33, obviously not many other people knew that way 'cause traffic was quite light :sunglasses:
And I still beat the Norbert driver to Adam Morey in Southampton (before Garner says it yes I was doing the subbying for ND for a few days :wink: ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:
so turned round at Eastleigh and went in via the A33, obviously not many other people knew that way 'cause traffic was quite light :sunglasses:

i went the same way