Introduction

This is my first time on and here is a brief introdution. For the last 14 years i have been in the fire service but following a long illness i have been medically discharged. Got my class 2 through the service 8 years ago and when i knew i was leaving i sat my class 1 [paid for it myself]passed and now find myself in the position that experience counts for everything and i’ve got none.Was at the truckfest at ingliston last weekend and took numbers from the sides of about 20 wagons, phoned them all on the Monday morning and got 1 mabye, one maybe for weekend cover and 18 not enough experiances. Have registered with 5 agencies who promised the earth but all i am getting is class 2. I have never turned down any work yet but i am starting to get a bit concerned at the lack of activety on the class one front. Anyone got any advice?

Welcome to Trucknet Scooby
What part of the Country are you from?

I am sure some lads down your way will point you in the right direction for agencies that need class 1 drivers!

I am from Fife but prepared to travel to get a start

wait till Simon posts he is from Fife I think and I am sure he will know someone!!

Welcome, Scooby :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Welcome to TruckNet UK, scooby.

Welcome Scooby… :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Scooby and welcome, as Ian said simon will be the man to help you when he gets back as he is from Fife.

welcome scooby mate, enjoy your time here mate…anything you want to know somone on here will have the answer mate :wink: :laughing: good luck with gettin class 1 work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Welcome scobby doo :slight_smile:

Welcome Scoobs.Don’t worry,you will hit lucky,and you have done the right thing by ringing around,and registering with agencies.

The answer to your problem will not be far away on this site.

Anything to do with trucking,can be found on here,and you will get many varied opinions.We’ve all been there,seen that,got the t-shirt.

Fingers crossed for you.

Ken.

Welcome to TruckNetUK, scooby doo.

Sorry not to have posted before, I just got back from a trip to Italy :smiley: :smiley: .

I’m afraid that I’m not going to be much help to you. I’ve had no contact with agencies round here for a long time.
When I left the army, about 14 yeas ago, I found that the bigger agencies in Glasgow gave me more work than the Fife and Edinbugh ones did.
I did a bit of agency work about 5 years ago, for about 2 weeks.
In Fife, ASA in Glenrothes was OK. The Driver Hire offices near and in Fife were OK as well. I got most work from Driver Hire in Broxburn. None of the East side agencies paid spectacular rates though.

I’s so sorry I am a bit late with this post Scooby, but Welcome to TruckNetUK Buddy…

Having Experience is the biggest problem facing new drivers, but with perserverance and determination, you’ll get there mate… :wink: :wink: