European funding

Hello again,
I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for class 2 and 1! While getting money together i have recently found some interesting info. aparently i can get european funding for my training ((zb) me europe has its uses! :laughing: ) all in all, the whole thing will only cost me 350 quid, nice ay!
Curiously though, if i commit a crime and get put away for a while, the government would pay!!! it would cost nothing, FFS!
Although im still worried about my age, 24 dosent seem to be favourable with insurance companies, especially when i have 3 points.
Anyway, i will hopefully be joining the ranks of newbie drivers soon. There seems to be quite a bit of work down the road in southampton, agencies advertising every week for the past 5 months.

Matt.

Seems that everyone’s been out on the road all this week. All the best for the training n tests. If the info is on the net, would put link in the useful links forum please.

Now to a point you missed in the rules. No swear words :open_mouth: (not even slightly modified ones :smiley: ) please, we have quite a few young members and even more young readers which is one of the reasons for the rule. There is an automatic word censor which gets most of them and we programme it, so can add new ones as they appear. There is a translation of the rules into normal english, like wot we speak er, on the link Here. It might be worth giving it a read :smiley: .

Cheers simon,

i will do a diary once i start, gotta wait for funding to come through first. No info on the net that i know of, got in the know through a m8 of a m8. Once paperwork comes through i will post more details. I apologise for not reading the rules!!! no more modified language from me :laughing: . I am reading rules now.

Matt.

aparently i can get european funding for my training all in all, the whole thing will only cost me 350 quid, nice ay!

I managed to get funding for both my C and C+E last year, it was from the European Development fund, and was told that I would get something like 1200 quid towards my costs. When I did my C, I had money left over, so I put it towards getting my artic licence, but I had to put about 200 quid towards it. Imagine my surprise, when I get a phone call, from the people that were organising it, almost 12 months later, to tell me that my personal contribution would also be refunded…Total cost to me, for both my licences■■? £0.00. The funding was arranged through a very, very nice group called Steel Partnership Training, my local branch (Stoke on Trent) is in the process of closing, if I find a web address, I shall post it on here

I took the liberty Daz… HERE is the website for Steel Patrnership Training…
http://www.sptltd.co.uk/company.html

There is lots of work in Southampton, just the same story of pay not that good. normaly lots of container work though.

the silent one:
:laughing: . I am reading rules now.

Matt.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Glad to hear it :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing:

No problem mate. Any questions, just ask. I hope we’ll be seeing more posts from you, all within the rules :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: I expect now

just the same story of pay not that good

I currently earn 5.90 per hour with 192 take home per week after tax!! no overtime or night work, limited to 40 hours a week. Im hoping driving pays more.

cheers
Matt.

the silent one:
[

with 192 take home per week after tax!!

cheers
Matt.

you could earn that (gross) just for Sunday on super market agency work anywhere south of Crick!