Class 1 Training

Hi guys, well this morning I’ve taken the plunge and booked and paid for my Class 1 training. So excited to get this started, as I know it will open a lot more doors for me.

The training start next week, so if you have any tips or general advice for me, please share.

Cheers, Simon.

Hi Simon.
I take it the assessment drive went ok enjoy your training ask as many questions as you feel to know trainers have heard them all before.
.ost of all relax and take your time dont rush anything.
Hope this helps

Jeff .

Cheers Jeff. It all went well, I feel comfortable with the company and the instructors.

Just so excited to have finally taken the plunge and do it.

Who you gone with. Keep us informed

A local company called 2 Start. I did my class 2 and CPC with them, so decent enough.

Good luck with it. Only advice I can think of is to slow it all down; at junctions, tight roads or anything which is more complex than just trundling down the tarmac. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone, had a nightmare week so far.

My training company has let me down and the instruction has been poor at best.

Was promised 1:1 training, however it wasn’t. I was getting very limited time behind the wheel, compared to the other student. I just didn’t feel comfortable whilst training like this.

As a result of this, I quit my training yesterday, as I couldn’t continue further and knowing I wouldn’t pass on Friday.

Feel so let down, especially after spending £1135 on a 5 day course including test. Well, it would seem now, I won’t be getting my CE licence.

Does anybody know how much does it cost to do mod 4 thx…

Sorry to hear your training not gone well. If they have broke what they promised you ie 1-1 is there nothing you can do. Have you complained ?

I did complain, but they’re not prepared to do anything.

Does anybody know how much does it cost to do mod 4 thx…

My trainees get cpc FREE OF CHARGE with a full course. Elsewhere you will pay between £200 and £400.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi everyone, had a nightmare week so far.

My training company has let me down and the instruction has been poor at best.

Was promised 1:1 training, however it wasn’t. I was getting very limited time behind the wheel, compared to the other student. I just didn’t feel comfortable whilst training like this.

As a result of this, I quit my training yesterday, as I couldn’t continue further and knowing I wouldn’t pass on Friday.

Feel so let down, especially after spending £1135 on a 5 day course including test. Well, it would seem now, I won’t be getting my CE licence.

What a disaster! Taking it one point at a time: “instruction has been poor at best”. If the trainer is a DSA reg instructor, you have some redress. Otherwise, short of moaning, there’s not a lot you can do.

“Was promised 1:1 training”. If that’s what you booked and paid for, nothing else should be offered. " I was getting very limited time behind the wheel, compared to the other student."This is always the potential when there are 2 trainees in the cab. A highly skilled trainer can make this work - but it aint easy. And clearly, the trainer here wasn’t that talented.

“As a result of this, I quit my training yesterday, as I couldn’t continue further and knowing I wouldn’t pass on Friday.” This would be enough to cause me sleepless nights. I am so disappointed that the trainer doesn’t seem to have contacted you and put this right. All it would take, I expect, is the offer of another course - on 1:1.

“Feel so let down, especially after spending £1135 on a 5 day course including test.” What can I say? The price is reasonable enough. But if the product isn’t up to standard, any price is too high.

“Well, it would seem now, I won’t be getting my CE licence” I’m gutted for you - and it’s nothing to do with me! If you want to pm me I’ll try and help you achieve your goal. I find it difficult to read this story and not try to do something about it.

not sure if it will help at all, but maybe speak with citizens advice to see if they can help you, know where you stand legally kind of thing

Sorry to hear it has gone wrong for you. I did wonder if it is worth you having a crack at the test anyway, after all you have paid for it already. If your test was tomorrow afternoon I would show up in the morning and ask if you can have another go.

Regarding the legal position, as far as I can tell from their website you are entitled to 3.5 hours behind the wheel each day, whether you go 1-1 or 2-1. If you feel you got less that this then it says what to do:

Any Pre or post training complaints or issues about the course should be directed to our offices in writing. All correspondence must be sent recorded delivery to arrive within 7 days of the incident. 2 Start Ltd will endeavour to resolve the issue within 20 working days.

So if you have cause, I would get scribbling. Best wishes for a C+E pass soon.

Nothing to lose by having a go.

As said, get to the training centre and do you test, you never know you may pass

Or get on the phone explain what’s happened and tell them you wish to re book your training that you have paid for and you feel cheated that you didn’t get what you paid for. Tell them you can put it in writing and drop it off it they require. As Pete said it’s hard to read and not want to help, please don’t give up you’ve come this far. Demand answers from them

Terms and conditions should be there to protect BOTH parties and MUST by law be fair to you. If you have not received what was contracted when you made the booking your remedy is a claim for breach of contract. This is dealt with by the small claims court, a division of the county court service and is a very straightforward process.

You should initially put your complaint in writing to the company providing as many details as possible and stating what you want them to do to put the problem right. I would mention that if the problem is not resolved you will proceed to make a small claim against them.

If they don’t react positively make the claim.

This is an area I have helped many with over the years. I have also been in their position with other companies years ago and know the system. If you need help feel free to PM me to discuss.

The usual trainers on here work very hard to protect their integrity and don’t like others thinking they can treat students badly.

They’d cancelled the test, so was unable to have a crack at it. Tbh tho, I wouldn’t have been happy to take it, considering the poor training.

I submitted a formal complaint and the result wasn’t positive. In hindsight I should’ve taken the training with Pete!!!

Never mind, we live and learn.

Hi Simon

Did you notice Petes offer of help if you pm him. I’m doing my C+E with his Peterborough branch at the end of April. I had a small issue with the training plan and he dealt with it immediately excellent customer service. If he’s offering to help you I’d pm him. :smiley:

Justin

[/quoteThey’d cancelled the test]
I think you’ve been “fed a line”. The only benefit they would have in cancelling your test is to get a refund of the test fee. To do this, a Friday test would have to be cancelled on the previous Monday.

Doesn’t add up to me.