Thanks to marlow!

hi to the folks on trucknet i recently had my training diary posted on here not long back courtesy of my instructer marlow ! i was unable to put my side across due to glitches on this computer. so here goes. It was early starts every day getting up @ 5am was very tough for me but phil(marlow) took it all in his stride always smiling and cheerfull every morning with me ;his enthusiasm for training new drivers was overwhelming . I was put to the test frequently with some very tight bends combined with steep hills. Let me tell you all. The places he has to tip the wagon you would not believe two foot deep quagmires on building sites, narrow canal banks with inches to spare!!! Anyway back to me; As you may have read earlier i have taken the class c twice and failed on daft things ie shoulder checks ; weight limit signs a bit sly i thought! but no excuses i under performed on both days but as arnie says ill be back! to conclude things i would like to thank you drivers for your encouragement all the way through when self doubt creeps in :cry: and to phils boss Ronnie at sts for letting a complete stranger loose with his wagon :smiley: TA and last but not least to phil himself for taking me under his wing and showing me the ropes while delivering the containers for ronnie at the same time making strict drop times. Not to mention giving up his valuble family time on weekends for tests; training etc let me say A TOP BLOKE !!!

I have the greatest respect for all you drivers for the job you do and get treated with contempt from joe public in general; Through phil i have learned about the need to keep up momentum with so little power to weight ratio; courteous driving and above all safe forward planning for hazards ahead. so give yourselves a big pat on the back!

once again thanks phil!
all the best ian bentley

Hi Ian And welcome, i for one follwed your training every time Phill posted a report and i was sorry to here that you failed but you sound the sort of chap that wont give in and im sure you will do it soon, i for one think that Phill is doing a great job and long may he continue good luck mate.

Cheers Ian, you have left me rather speechless. :blush: (that takes some doing as normally I can talk for England. :wink: ) I think you know that I was equally disappointed with your test result.

You have shown me that you can drive the truck up to and indeed above test standard. You have shown me that you can evaluate situations as they arise in front you and plan your drive ensuring a safe and progressive drive. You have shown how easy the reverse exercise can be in comparison to the real life ‘tight’ spots you have had the truck backed into. You have shown yourself how to ensure that the truck is loaded safely, that’s its roadworthy and 101 other things that you will need in your LGV driving Career.

But alas, all that is worthless until you can give the same standard of driving to the examiner on the day of the test. I’m sure you will get it next time if you can just sort the nerves taking over the concentration. Good Luck

Phil

Congratulations to the both of you.