just passed

Hi All,
A mate has just passed his test (first time -jammy devil!) the trouble is he says he was so chuffed that he can’t remember what he was told about sending in for his upgraded licence.
As it is over a year ago since I passed my test I can’t remember how much it was for the upgrade and whether they used the new photo I sent with the pass certificate, can anyone help?
Dean.

Hiya Dean,
Well done to your mate! and to you for joining the drivers

I dont think you have to pay anymore, just send the pass cerificate and the photocard licence and they add the pass to it… I

f it is a recent photo on licence, within 5 years im sure they use the picture they have on file.

Im sure when I upgraded my Bike licence the form said that Name and Address Change and New Entitlement were free.

I’m sure I paid £18 to upgrade mine. You send both parts of your licence because if you notice the groups are on both.

Yup, you definately got to cough up.

Costs about £18 to add an additional catagory. :frowning:

I didnt think I was going mad, but I have just found it…

This came up a few months ago, and as I thought, I believe it is now free to upgrade your licence after a test pass…

CLICK HEREfor a comparison of the charge diferences…

HERE is the original thread that was brought up about the charges.

I paid £9 to have my C added :confused:
dvla.gov.uk/welcome.htm
It should tell you on hear,somewhere :confused:

Since 1 March this year, LGV Licence holders get their licences updated for FREE.

Don’t wait about because it may not go on forever.