Anyone had accident?

rearaxle:

KarlM:

Mick Bracewell:
Yes I’m well aware of that. It’s called self-insuring. But if a claim goes through an insurance company then it will get recorded on the MID against your name and licence details. That may come back to bite you on the arse in the event of a claim in the future if you said “no” to “have you had any motor accidents in the past 5 years?”. You could argue with them over the exact meaning of the words, but unless stated otherwise the question should be taken as an absolute where “any” is exactly as stated and answering anything over than the truth might not end well for you. :bulb:

Then I buy a car - does this mean I can put down 5 years no claims as I’ve got 5 years accident free driving at work? No, thought not.

No you wouldn’t because its not your insurance it’s somebody else’s, and basically you are just a named driver , now if it was your own insurance for your lorry then maybe yes.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

That’s the issue, another stitch up by the insurance industry. Take your driving elsewhere into account, but only if its to their benefit!

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk