Accident- advice needed

Hi! I’m in need of an advice.
I had a small accident couple of days ago while driving an artic. Nothing big- I caught a parked car with the back of the trailer. No one was hurt and the case was reported to the insurance company straight away. Photos were taken and statement written on the time. No police was present.
I reported everything to team leader/transport manager at the end of my shift and was told not to worry and that they will deal with it from now on.
But the question is: do I need to report it to my own insurance company where my private car is insured? Do I need to let them know about it and will my premium go up?
Can someone please help me with it?
It is my first accident ever and I don’t really know what to do.

lukanio63:
But the question is: do I need to report it to my own insurance company where my private car is insured? Do I need to let them know about it and will my premium go up?
Can someone please help me with it?
It is my first accident ever and I don’t really know what to do.

In my experience, always best to tell your insurance company.
I informed mine of my one accident and it had no effect on my premium.
My company is LV and they told me that work related accidents had no
effect on their private car insurance.
Other people’s experiences may be different.

Regards,
Nick

Thanks Nick! Think I will do the same and contact aviva today. Will see what they gonna say.

lukanio63:
Thanks Nick! Think I will do the same and contact aviva today. Will see what they gonna say.

Think i would ask them incognito if you know what i mean

unless you are in a serious accident that will involve points on your licence,(then you must inform insurance company otherwise your insurance is null and void)they don,t need to know about it don,t tell em.AMEN

Was always told to tell the insurance companies when I was on the buses then found out none of the other drivers do it themselves.

However, as my own insurers now know about my previous incidents on the buses I tend to play down the incidents as much as possible than what they were, which were just dented panels and the like, pretty minor things.

In future I’d be more careful about telling them unless the company I was working for put it through the books with the insurance company also… Most would deal with it themselves…