Accident while on Agency…

Had a bad day today! Turned up for an agency shift class 2 moving removal trucks to another depot, but after usual checks etc went to turn out of the yard and scraped the truck along the gatepost!!! Quite a bit of damage to truck (16 plate) with the skin burst in a couple of places too, looks bad up close.

I stopped right away and reported it to the other driver on site who called his boss and I was advised just to reverse it back in and they’ll assess it. Felt really bad about it as I’d completely made an arse of it, a really tight turn to get out of the yard but no excuses I messed up!

Had to text the agency as they were closed but I got a reply saying dont worry about it, we’ll get back to you if needed? What happens now then? The other driver said that their own insurance will have to cough up as I’m a new pass with under 6 months so they’d be liable. Does the agency cover it or is it going to be me or my insurance??
Any advice appreciated.

Did you take any photos?
Write up your own statement, keep it simple, accurate (just the facts), no opinions, and make it comprehensive, which usually means drawing a sketch.

Sheet happens, we’ve all made mistakes, don’t let it knock your confidence too hard. The worst that will happen (IME) is that one particular agency will stop giving you work and you’ll have to sign up with someone else.

your supposed to carry on and act like it was there from the beginning

What do you mean by your insurance?

The worst that will happen (IME) is that nothing will happen, it won’t cost you any money and the same agency will continue to give you work.

Just try to learn from it.

Thanks all.

I’d read elsewhere about some agencies making you pay their excess on an accident but I hope it’s not the case, I expect I won’t hear from the until next week due the holiday.

I’ve no idea how it works being a newbie to it, but my confidence has taken a real dent from the whole experience!

jimmea:
I’d read elsewhere about some agencies making you pay their excess on an accident

Only if you signed a contract agreeing to that

ROG:

jimmea:
I’d read elsewhere about some agencies making you pay their excess on an accident

Only if you signed a contract agreeing to that

Who really reads a contract before signing it? [emoji15]