Small accident while working for agency

I had a small accident while working for an agency. :slight_smile:
I was driving class 1, tight reversing and turning etc, and I hit a small fence.
Only side of a trailer was damaged a little bit. The damage wasn’t great but it was probably noticed by one of the other drivers.

My question is:
Lets say the company tells agency about that. Can they charge me for the incident, or it will by covered by insuarance? Has anyone who reads this post been charged for damaging something (trailer, unit, fence, gate etc.)? Can companies do it?

Dont think you will be charged I have had an accident similar to you the companies insurance paid for it and no charge was levied against me … only problem you might have is that the company you worked for via agency might ban you from site or decide they wont pay you… In respect of that then the contract you have is between the agency and you not the company you worked for so its for the agency to pay you irrespective…you did a full days work so expect to get paid for it.

:smiley:

they are insured. dont worry about it. they sometimes charge their own drivers the excess if they hit something but the agency will normally wriggle out of that in their contract. the worst you will get is being banned from that client but for a little nick like that, i cant see it happening unless they are really tight with drivers

Thanks for Your replies… :slight_smile:

We will see what happens.

If you have an accident best to report it to the place your working and the agency straight away, â– â– â– â–  happens sometimes espec sometimes when they send 44ton artics to place shouldnt really be going.

Ive had two accidents, one was on the M8 in Glasgow where the M80 joins i was changing lanes and a Corsa decides to ignore my indicators and pull into my blind side luckly no one hurt just guys wing mirror taken off.

I called up the company i was working for and the agency. Both thanked me for calling which kinda surprised me. Both told me later no idea how many times espec agency drivers have had an accident and not bothered to tell anyone. First they know about it is when they get a letter or call about it and they dont have a clue what to say.

At the best it means you can put your side across. The Corsa i collided with later tried to claim other damages to his car, but id taken pics, his car was a mess anyway and basically wanted the whole thing resprayed basically tried to say my truck scratched the rear of his car, my point was if i had hit anything other than the wing mirror could would have been wrecked. But if i hadnt told them etc… maybe just have let this guys claim go ahead.

Usually worst that will happen is, the employer wont let you work for them again. The company i was with let me come back because other drivers have had similar incidents on that stretch of road.

pu11:
I was driving class 1, tight reversing and turning etc, and I hit a small fence.
Only side of a trailer was damaged a little bit. The damage wasn’t great but it was probably noticed by one of the other drivers.

I should read what you wrote again.

You admit you had an accident and hit a fence and damaged a trailer.

A little bit or a lot doesnt matter, you were willing to leave it unreported so that the next driver would get the blame.

Probably the next driver will smack you in the nose the next time you do it

Wheel Nut:

pu11:

I should read what you wrote again.

You admit you had an accident and hit a fence and damaged a trailer.

A little bit or a lot doesnt matter, you were willing to leave it unreported so that the next driver would get the blame.

Probably the next driver will smack you in the nose the next time you do it

Well wouldnt go as far as to smack in nose - but totaly agree with comments no matter how big or small the damage is in my opinion and is something I have done is to contact the agency I was working for and also the company to let them know what happened. then no one can say that they werent informed and some scrote cant try to claim for more damage than was actually caused. even if its only a picture off your mobile its better than nothing.

:smiley:

my golden rule is to report ALL incidents to the agency first. i havent damaged any artics but i have had a few arguements and disagreements. always keep them informed and give them your side of it first