Getting a Job with DHL

I had a driving assessment with Farmfoods this week for class 1 and unfortunately I didn’t get on well so haven’t got the job.

Anyway the only other company I want to work for is DHL as all other jobs in my area are haulage companies and I don’t like working for them and most of them for Class 1 expect you to do nights out. Anyway I was thinking of trying DHL as they are local and heard good things about them.

I’d like to go to their depot to see their manager but due to Covid I obviously won’t be able to. I’ve tried looking for a number for their local depot but can only get a national number. I’ve also emailed them multiple times and been ignored does anyone on here know how best to reach them about a job. I’m in full time work at the moment so don’t want to switch to agency as I need a stable income. Any help is appreciated.

Try the dhl website.

Have you tried to contact them through their Facebook page? I had a candidate that messaged wincanton a few years back and ended up getting a job with them. Good luck :smiley:

Paul@PSTT:
Have you tried to contact them through their Facebook page? I had a candidate that messaged wincanton a few years back and ended up getting a job with them. Good luck :smiley:

Never actually thought of that will give it a try. Thanks

Simple solution would be to hand a cv and cover note to the gatehouse staff and politely ask for it to be given to the TM at that depot. Or ask for an email address you can send one to.

Every depot is different to be fair and trying to get a number to speak to anyone at a specific depot is hard.

Which depot is it out of curiosity?

BTW your welcome original poster.

I asked which depot as I may have been able to help out but unsurprisingly you haven’t come back.

simcor:
Simple solution would be to hand a cv and cover note to the gatehouse staff and politely ask for it to be given to the TM at that depot. Or ask for an email address you can send one to.

And don’t forget you can also send a paper copy by snail-mail.

With DHL they will probably give you both a driving assessment and a theory assessment, their theory assessment is a lot harder than the actual Module 1a theory you do as part of getting your licence, so if they do call you in, make sure you’re well up on Drivers Hours and WTD