Got driving assessment DHL/TK Maxx

Got call today inviting me for assessment at DHL/TK Maxx Rochdale. Anybody know which type of truck/gear box they use?

Would just like to say to the newbies like me who are trying to get there first C or C+E job, and that is if the job say’s “2 years experience required” Don’t let that put you off from applying! Also if the agency advertises a job and you have good idea of which contract it is for, then as well as applying to the agency, send a spec CV to the depot manager at same time :wink:

I would imagine it will be an auto or 4 over 4 range change, maybe a daf cf.

Good luck with your assesment zigzag , let us know how you get on-when is it by the way? :smiley:

Tockwith Training:
maybe a daf cf.

I like Dafs :smiley:

Thanks Boneylass it’s tommorow morning. Very nervous about the assessment will let you know how i get on

Good luck will probably be doing it now so fingers crossed jenniex

Goo Luck Zigzag.

Get a good nights sleep and do your best. Let us know how you get on

Had interview. Went to wrong DHL depot down the road at first to M&S :blush: Had very infomative chat with TM. He could see i was nervous. Felt like a right pillock in a suit Hi Viz and boots and a new pair of gardening gloves :blush: and after all that i didn’t even have driving assessment :cry: That would come in part 2 if i’m successful. He has more people to interview today so just waiting for call.

Anyway on a positive note, i came home to a text from Manpower for Royal mail work :smiley: They are contacting the depot to try book me assessment! So all is looking good as have assessment at Sorbart too on friday :smiley:

Cheers everyone

Hi zigzag , hope you hear soon about your part 2 assesment soon ,anyway its good that you have a couple more assesments to go to, dont worry -just try your best :wink: & dont forget to let us know how you get on .Good luck :smiley:

Good luck with your driving assessment! Sure you will be ok.
I have been at royal mail through Manpower since I passed my c and c+e, just had to wait for security checks which can take weeks but they do take new drivers and the driver coaches as they are called at RM are good, well they are where I work.
Good luck with it all mate :0)

Good luck mate.

Thanks for the good luck messages but things have gone a bit quite and getting quite frustrated :imp:

Not heard from DHL/Tkmaxx as yet to invite me back for assessment. Even if i didn’t get the job would have enjoyed having a chance to drive something different with maybe different gears.

Still waiting for Manpower to call back to book assessment. Sent them reminder email so hope there just waiting for it to get more busy towards xmas

It’s a bit frustrating really. When i search tinterweb all the work seems to be either too far left of Rochdale i.e St Helens/Wigan or too far right of me i.e Castleford/Normanton and NOTHING in the middle near me! :imp:

Dont get too frustrated it will come good in the end and instead of e mailing ring manpower and speak to the person you registered with harder to ignore a phonecall than an email :wink:
Keep us posted
jennie

ZigZag:
Felt like a right pillock in a suit Hi Viz and boots and a new pair of gardening gloves :blush: and after all that i didn’t even have driving assessment :cry:
Cheers everyone

Good luck on your assessments and interviews, but a suit?

The depot manager probably thought someone had advertised his job and would be quite scathing to you :laughing:

Safety Boots, possibly a clean Hi Viz in your hand and go smart casual, you are going to be a lorry driver, not a film star. Unless I was told it was a Hi viz site. I would expect them to lend me one from reception as you are only a visitor on site

Thanks Jennie i will ring Manpower and other agencies from now on.

Wheel Nut:
Good luck on your assessments and interviews, but a suit?

I don’t usually wear a suit especially if its an agency, but cos i didn’t have 2 years experience i thought i would try impress in other ways and look keen. Lesson learned. Next time i’m going to wear a lumberjack shirt, cowboy boots and mullet wig :smiley:

Hope this guy is not behind me waiting for me to reverse onto bay :open_mouth:

Hi zigzag, maybe half the hi-viz suit rather than it ALL :exclamation: :laughing: , dont pin your hopes on just those few you were hopeing to get assesments from, constantly push on & try other companies & agencies in the meantime while your waiting to hear from the previous lot, & perhaps try giving the previous lot a phone call to remind them your still looking - it may prompt them into giving you a try . ( I’d forget the wig ):wink: let us know your getting on cowboy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Bonnie lass. I won’t give up as took a long time and effort to finally get my C+E :wink:

I’m going to have to widen the travel to work distance now. Or even relocate to where the jobs are. Ian Duncan Smith will be pleased :unamused:

Which 3 towns make up the so called golden triangle? :smiley:

If you’re in Rochdale i certainly wouldn’t rule out Castleford/Normanton, its not even a half hour drive (when there’s no accident/roadworks (which there seems to be every minute of the day!))

There’s plenty of places all round there and heading futher over to Leeds or dow to Wakefield, Asda, Wisemans, Arla at Stourton, Freightliner, Royal , Netto, Superdrug, Next etc etc etc

philmots:
If you’re in Rochdale i certainly wouldn’t rule out Castleford/Normanton

Thanks philmots may have to start applying in these areas and if i get a job i will have to upgrade my car. I only got a little Corsa :blush: