DHL/Currys Newark

I was told from a RELIABLE source in the last day or two that they now have 40 vacancies to fill and have not had as many applications as they may have wanted.

Driver shortage or not i dont know but their are jobs to be had apparently.

CV print - Im there!!!

BTH I applied via the agent in Nottingham, but got the v sign not to bother.

jammymutt, would you have a phone number of the office please?

No if i was you i would go to the gatehouse and get an application form and while you are there ask for the office phone number the guy you want is Malc Blakey we also have vacancies at B&Q at Worksop if it interests you but they are funny about points on your licence if its clean pm me.

the trouble is jammy is as fast as new oppertunties[ that spelling dont look right] arise something goes. is not your old stamping ground up trent road closing for good in august, didnt get contract they were after. this comes from wifes, freinds hubby whos up there on the flt,s . local paper said 300 odd work up there[ sounds a lot to me but thats what it said]. her hubbys put in for dhl and the rest of them are going to take up most of the slack around here. what we need round here is a big tesco, azda rdc to put some competition into the area to drive up wages etc. anyway time to do me normall disapearing act for a couple of weeks but ta for a bit of local info its always helpfull

Errrrm them Curries/Dixons lorries…do they have the logo plastered all over their trailers…■■?

Seems a dodgy job to go for if so…

Once was talking to a driver delivering to PC world…(which is part of the same group)…with the logo plastered all over the trailer…and the both of us agreed it was the most stupiest thing to do for driver safety…

Sorry to say but the cops or security are not going to get there before you get free dental surgery…from the hijackers…

U’ll just get an extra 20quid and pat on the back…

SuperSmiley:
Errrrm them Curries/Dixons lorries…do they have the logo plastered all over their trailers…■■?

Seems a dodgy job to go for if so…

Once was talking to a driver delivering to PC world…(which is part of the same group)…with the logo plastered all over the trailer…and the both of us agreed it was the most stupiest thing to do for driver safety…

Sorry to say but the cops or security are not going to get there before you get free dental surgery…from the hijackers…

U’ll just get an extra 20quid and pat on the back…

The ones that have the name on the side very rarely do nights out and if they do they DONT go in to laybys they go in to secure parking and theres only a few places they are allowed to go mostly other dc car parks or dhl yards.

The guys who night out have dhl on the side and a white unit so little way of telling whos who , most of the drivers dont do nights out anyway and the ones that do have been doing it for years so i wouldnt worry about that side of things if i was going for a job.

I’m not really refering to nights… just driving them in general…it’s a bit like Cagewell wagons…or comet…(and what they pay their drivers is hilarious)…you stop for two minutes…some ■■■■ see’s the trailer logo…two seconds latter it’s a trip to the dentist for a set of false teeth…sorry i just like the freedom of being able to stop and start as i please…and not have to constantly worry about being hijacked…just so some office twit…can get a wapping pay rise for the “great advertising campaign”…

Sorry did a Cagewell shift once and never again… what further ■■■■■■ me off was when i got my wages…the pay rate was 50p less…than normal…■■■■■

Mine says B&Q on the side and ive never nor do i know of any other drivers who have been hijacked… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I took a load from Newark to London once in ablue Securicor wagon sealed all the way round so i didnt lknow what was on it when i got to London there was 36 pallets of laptops on it.

SuperSmiley:
I’m not really refering to nights… just driving them in general…it’s a bit like Cagewell wagons…or comet…(and what they pay their drivers is hilarious)…you stop for two minutes…some [zb] see’s the trailer logo…two seconds latter it’s a trip to the dentist for a set of false teeth…sorry i just like the freedom of being able to stop and start as i please…and not have to constantly worry about being hijacked…just so some office twit…can get a wapping pay rise for the “great advertising campaign”…[zb]

I wouldn’t have thought it would have made much difference. If someone is going to hijack a truck, then they’ll probably know where the RDCs are, and they’d be able to work out which trucks were being used without it being plastered over the side. Let’s face it, it’s the same trucks doing the job, day in, day out. It’s only the odd opportunist that you might thwart by using anonymous trucks.

When I did PCW for NYK, we went up to the depot empty, and came back with a full load. We were instructed to fill up with diesel on the way out (not at the end of the shift like most companies), and to take all necessary breaks before leaving the depot for the return journey. We then had to do the return journey non-stop without breaks (barring unforseen events like major traffic jams). The runs were timed so that the loaded segments could be completed within daylight hours.

The only DHL driver’s that you should see parked up in msa’s are them that are on general haulage.Any driver that is carrying a high valued load will either be routed to be in a secure parking area or a DHL depot.All Dhl depot’s ( ex Securicor) are designed that they are all 4hrs apart.IE i can leave either Bellshill or Mossend and i’d be in Risley or Trafford park in 4hrs or just before if going to Risley.Trunk driver’s night or day are not meant to stop during their journey ( unless they feel unwell enough to drive).In doing this it ensure’s less chance of any form of hi-jacking as the driver should not stop for anyone and this include’s the police.If they feel that they are being followed then they will contact the office and inform them of the situation,if it’s someone trying to force them to stop it’s 999. :wink:

MrFlibble:

SuperSmiley:
I’m not really refering to nights… just driving them in general…it’s a bit like Cagewell wagons…or comet…(and what they pay their drivers is hilarious)…you stop for two minutes…some [zb] see’s the trailer logo…two seconds latter it’s a trip to the dentist for a set of false teeth…sorry i just like the freedom of being able to stop and start as i please…and not have to constantly worry about being hijacked…just so some office twit…can get a wapping pay rise for the “great advertising campaign”…[zb]

I wouldn’t have thought it would have made much difference. If someone is going to hijack a truck, then they’ll probably know where the RDCs are, and they’d be able to work out which trucks were being used without it being plastered over the side. Let’s face it, it’s the same trucks doing the job, day in, day out. It’s only the odd opportunist that you might thwart by using anonymous trucks.

Mr Fibble is quite right,
I did PC World for NYK from Castleford to Brackmills for six months on nights the only time I remember a potential problem was when we were running plasma screens and were told that the police had been tipped off that one of our 4 night loads was going to be hijacked.

We just ran down in convoy and never had a problem. We were told to fuel in depot and not stop anywhere between depots

When I did PCW for NYK, we went up to the depot empty, and came back with a full load. We were instructed to fill up with diesel on the way out (not at the end of the shift like most companies), and to take all necessary breaks before leaving the depot for the return journey. We then had to do the return journey non-stop without breaks (barring unforseen events like major traffic jams). The runs were timed so that the loaded segments could be completed within daylight hours.

[please ignore this post

thecoder0:
[please ignore this post

And i was so looking forward to it as well.

Nar…sorry people…i’ve got to be free…stop when i want…get a quick snack…go for a ■■■■…for as long as i want…starting to flake out…stop for a nap…(had it before were i’ve tried to take a nap at one place…couldn’t sleep…20 miles down the road…match stick time)…basically…not having to worry about no possible 999…■■■■■■■■…fair play to u though if that’s your thing…

SuperSmiley:
Nar…sorry people…i’ve got to be free…stop when i want…get a quick snack…go for a [zb]…for as long as i want…starting to flake out…stop for a nap…(had it before were i’ve tried to take a nap at one place…couldn’t sleep…20 miles down the road…match stick time)…basically…not having to worry about no possible 999…[zb]…fair play to u though if that’s your thing…

I see you like your full stop’s… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

KitKat where have u been■■?..I’m the dot man

I dot a life outside Trucknet m8 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: