tacho download

Hi all, I think this was asked by someone else the other day but now cant find the thread to put my question there as I think it was half answered.

To start at the beginning… the first agency placement I had I drove 7.5 tonners twice each time on debrief I put mu tacho card in their reader, On all other occasions I was a drivers mate. I then hadn’t worked from 27/12. Thursday just gone I was give the chance to go out with someone with a new agency as I had no idea about how to work curtains or a tail lift. I was going to do some of the driving if the opportunity arose so my card was put into slot 2 of the tacho machine. The driver told me that it came up I had 2 days to download my card. On return to the agency (it was an agency rigid) I asked the transport person checking us in to download my card. he tried and said there was nothing on it/ it didn’t work.

Question is do I go back and ask them to try again? Has it actually been downloaded at the first placement? What should I do?
Sorry for the silly questions
Coop

cooper1203:
Hi all, I think this was asked by someone else the other day but now cant find the thread to put my question there as I think it was half answered.

To start at the beginning… the first agency placement I had I drove 7.5 tonners twice each time on debrief I put mu tacho card in their reader, On all other occasions I was a drivers mate. I then hadn’t worked from 27/12. Thursday just gone I was give the chance to go out with someone with a new agency as I had no idea about how to work curtains or a tail lift. I was going to do some of the driving if the opportunity arose so my card was put into slot 2 of the tacho machine. The driver told me that it came up I had 2 days to download my card. On return to the agency (it was an agency rigid) I asked the transport person checking us in to download my card. he tried and said there was nothing on it/ it didn’t work.

Question is do I go back and ask them to try again? Has it actually been downloaded at the first placement? What should I do?
Sorry for the silly questions
Coop

Try your card in a different card reader, if it still can’t be read it must be faulty so needs replacing.

As for your question “Has it actually been downloaded at the first placement?” … presumably yes or they would have said something.
When a card is downloaded the data is copied to another device it isn’t deleted from the card so the data should still be on the card.

By the way, the card is not marked when the data is downloaded so as far as I’m aware there is no way the other driver could have known when your card needed downloading.

static.se5000.com/wp-content/up … 019P/1.pdf

Page 26 shows a display showing when a download of crew cards is due.