SMART CARD FAULT ? [Merged]

Hi
Last month i renewed me smart card as the old one reminded me for a month so on the 23 /march i started using me new digi card the other day 16 /04/16 the display on the tacho Read download card 20/04 /16 … i pressed ok and it went away … tacho worked normal … every time i stopped engine it came back on start up and displays a letter T on dashboard … so i went into office yesterday 19/04/16 and asked boss to download my card job was done but today the message is back on the display … ANY IDEAS … :blush: WILL THIS GO AWAY OR WILL I HAVE TO SEND MY CARD BACK …

I’ve merged your two topics that had the same title. dd. :smiley:

We heard you the first time.

Try another unit

Yes i did try another tacho but was an older one … its a much older tacho and didnt have the same readout but its a different display … my one is the new type with the draw in it , the old one is a slot … the only difference is we downloaded the tachograph on my vehicle last week with the master key onto the dongle just wondering if we have altered any setting in the menue ■■ , :blush:

T - Start and finish duty inaccurate… thats what the fault code is anyway…

Nothing wrong with the card. My unit displays “Download in days 0” every time I pull my card despite it being downloaded every Friday.

What your tacho head is looking for you to do is download the card with it in there - download the unit and card together - but that’s something for the boss!

Greeny3:
What your tacho head is looking for you to do is download the card with it in there - download the unit and card together - but that’s something for the boss!

Where’s this idea come from?

To download the tacho head you need control card in, not driver card.

Never heard of needing both downloading together ?

dcgpx:

Greeny3:

Where’s this idea come from?

To download the tacho head you need control card in, not driver card.

Never heard of needing both downloading together ?

Certainly seems to be the only way to stop mine doing it! We downloaded my card and the tacho head separately on the same day and it was (and still is for that matter!) still doing it. Happy to be corrected but that seems to be the case. Fully aware that the control card is needed for the tach head :slight_smile:

But your only downloading the tachohead, having a driver card in wont download the driver card?

Not sure what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dcgpx:
But your only downloading the tachohead, having a driver card in wont download the driver card?

Not sure what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly wish I knew the ins and outs of this one.

I download my digi card every Friday without fail - Friday is my Monday. The units are downloaded regularly by the boss and I can only assume that mine gets done on my days off. I know for certain that it was done when this “Download in days 0” message started to appear.

There are some images with that message - namely the symbol for the card and the symbol for driver with a number 1. What I don’t get with it is that the card is downloaded weekly. It was the boss that said that it might need to be downloaded with the driver card in it as well though I’m not sure how that would work in practice!

YAMBOL57:
Yes i did try another tacho but was an older one … its a much older tacho and didnt have the same readout but its a different display … my one is the new type with the draw in it , the old one is a slot … the only difference is we downloaded the tachograph on my vehicle last week with the master key onto the dongle just wondering if we have altered any setting in the menue ■■ , :blush:

Don’t matter that it works on in another unit because it’s older it’s all down to the head unit. As long as your card is being read and everything don’t worry it’s down to the boss. Probably the vdu needs downloading

Thanks Nick