Tacho download card when you leave employment

Hi all need some advice. I was working for a company and i wasnt happy being there or how things was run and getting fed up with being pulled by vosa on dailys basics so the other day i thought enough was enough and got all my gear out of the lorry and told them i wasnt coming back.Sence then they have been making it hard for me by saying all different stuff trying to get me back into the office and now there telling me i have to go back in today to load my tacho card by law and has to be today no matter what.Is this true?

I’m probably wrong here but don’t you have to make your card available within 42 days of work being undertaken?

Simply your word against theirs and any way all the info is in the VDU , if you’ve been paid up crack on and show em the Archers finger

The company are legally obliged to download the card data no later than 28 days from the last download and you’re legally obliged to make your driver card available for download.

Unless today is 28 days from the last download you don’t legally have to take the card in today, if it was me I’d take the card in as soon as it was convenient but no later than 28 days from the last download.

Don’t companies have a kind of mastercard which they can use to download this info?

fritsprive:
Don’t companies have a kind of mastercard which they can use to download this info?

They can’t download the data on the card without the card, today’s technology is good but it’s not that good :slight_smile:

fritsprive:

You’re thinking of the operator card that is used to download the information from the Tacho head itself

That is there responsibility but considering how hastily you left they should of asked you to download it before you left so I’d say stuff them it’s there problem

Berty:
That is there responsibility but considering how hastily you left they should of asked you to download it before you left so I’d say stuff them it’s there problem

if they have requested his card for download, then he would be committing an offence of not making it available as the regulations require.

Does making the card available mean that it has to be at a location which suits them? Surely with the card readers being portable, they could arrange someone to take it to a location of his choice?

Gingerpose:
Does making the card available mean that it has to be at a location which suits them? Surely with the card readers being portable, they could arrange someone to take it to a location of his choice?

I’m not sure if all VU download devices can download card data, if not then not all card readers are portable in a practical way.