Download tacho.

So new place I’ve started, only one driver me, only 1 wagon, no tm as they are just delivering there own stuff to customers. They don’t actually have a card reader to download my digi card and no1 has even asked to download it. As long as I keep my tach straight I’ve done my part and if any issues arise re downloading it… its on them? Correct?

Largeperm:
So new place I’ve started, only one driver me, only 1 wagon, no tm as they are just delivering there own stuff to customers. They don’t actually have a card reader to download my digi card and no1 has even asked to download it. As long as I keep my tach straight I’ve done my part and if any issues arise re downloading it… its on them? Correct?

You need to make your card available for download to your employer that is the end of your obligation. It is down to the company to ensure your card is downloaded once every 28 days along with the tacho head.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Your legal requirement is to make your card available to download. The fact that your company is making no effort or has the means to do so is down to them, so legally you’re in the clear.

Having said that it wouldn’t hurt to point out the legal ramifications to them if they fail to download.

Edit to add; Simcor beat me to it.

Yes that’s correct, though personally I’d tactfully make sure that they’re aware that they’re legally required to download the data from both your driver card and the tachograph.

Edit to say that both Simcor and maoster beat me to it.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Snooze ya lose :smiley:

So who is the company CPC holder?
There has to be one, and I`d suggest having a chat with the boss and finding out who it is, then mention that they have an obligation to keep records, and download the data

Largeperm:
So new place I’ve started, only one driver me, only 1 wagon, no tm as they are just delivering there own stuff to customers.

peirre:
So who is the company CPC holder?

It sounds like the OPs company is running on a restricted operators licence so don’t need a transport manager/CPC holder.

Yes it’s a restricted operators licence. I mentioned about downloading but was told ’ o I’ve never had any problems ’ …done my bit as far as I’m concerned.

Largeperm:
Yes it’s a restricted operators licence. I mentioned about downloading but was told ’ o I’ve never had any problems ’ …done my bit as far as I’m concerned.

That seems like a good attitude to have if they want to end up on an OCRS red light :slight_smile:

Or even worse lose their operators licence altogether :open_mouth:

Just make sure you hours are spot on ready for roadside check, as it stands you don’t get to see if you’ve had any infringements in the prev 28 days, do could be just over regularly without realising it

tachograph:
That seems like a good attitude to have if they want to end up on an OCRS red light :slight_smile:

Or even worse lose their operators licence altogether :open_mouth:

That was my point about getting the management to be due diligent to avoid ending up with a OCRS red light score, otherwise the OPs going to become very familiar with DSVA roadside sites. As for the companies attitude, maybe theres a reason he`s a new starter, did the previous driver leave because of the companies flagrant attitude?