Update from a "hoping to become" C+E driver

I posted in May with some questions & got some really good advice so thought I’d give an update on my progress in case anyone else starting out might find it useful!

I passed Module 1 multiple choice (94/100) & hazard perception (81/100) on July 16 & Module 2 case studies (46/50) on July 15. All 3 on 1st attempt :smiley:

To study for this I used:

apps.apple.com/gb/app/the-offic … d522687241

dvsalearningzone.co.uk/shop/lgv-theory-kit

The night before, when I was bored wth doing these I also used:

lgvtheory.co.uk/Cpc-modules/mod … -material/

This has lots of useful free videos etc!

I was only scraping a pass when I was doing the hazard perception mock tests but I was practicing on my phone & think I was struggling to see the distant developing hazards in time on the small screen. Couldn’t get it to work on my iPad or on a desktop screen. Found it much easier on the day of the test seeing the bigger picture on the test centre’s larger desktop screens!

For the multiple choice & case studies I reviewed all of the questions as there’s more than enough time to do this in the time you are given. I changed a couple of my answers & think I got a higher mark because of it so I’d definitely recommend taking the time to review everything.

This Tuesday I also passed Mod 4 show & tell 1st time. I did 4 before 3 so that I’m good-to-go as soon as I pass Cat C. Couldn’t seem to find much official study material for Mod 4 but I found the videos by E.P Training useful. Here’s a link to one of them:

youtu.be/xoWh1tY-Pl4

Think I discovered them through a link on this forum but can’t remember exactly!

I had grandfather rights so could’ve done the Periodic CPC which wouldn’t have had the pass/fail risk that Initial CPC has but once I got Mod 2 entitlement added on by the DVLA the Initial CPC route seemed easier to organise, quite a high pass rate & a bit cheaper.

My original plan was to do Mod 3 Cat C driver training & test in August & I’m on schedule so far as I’m booked in to start this on Monday. Really excited to start the actual driving training!!!

I’ve chosen CTTS Training based in Bathgate as it’s fairly close to home & I felt comfortable with them when I visited (also did my Mod 4 with them).

cttstraining.co.uk/

The GP that did my D4 medical also seemed to think I couldn’t go far wrong by choosing CTTS.

driversmedicalsolutions.co.uk/

This is the place I went to for my D4. Professional & cheap (£50), based in a GP surgery in Falkirk.

Fingers crossed, a week tomorrow I’ll have my Cat C pass under my belt!

Cheers!

JenS

JenS:
I posted in May with some questions & got some really good advice so thought I’d give an update on my progress in case anyone else starting out might find it useful!

I passed Module 1 multiple choice (94/100) & hazard perception (81/100) on July 16 & Module 2 case studies (46/50) on July 15. All 3 on 1st attempt :smiley:

To study for this I used:

apps.apple.com/gb/app/the-offic … d522687241

dvsalearningzone.co.uk/shop/lgv-theory-kit

The night before, when I was bored wth doing these I also used:

lgvtheory.co.uk/Cpc-modules/mod … -material/

This has lots of useful free videos etc!

I was only scraping a pass when I was doing the hazard perception mock tests but I was practicing on my phone & think I was struggling to see the distant developing hazards in time on the small screen. Couldn’t get it to work on my iPad or on a desktop screen. Found it much easier on the day of the test seeing the bigger picture on the test centre’s larger desktop screens!

For the multiple choice & case studies I reviewed all of the questions as there’s more than enough time to do this in the time you are given. I changed a couple of my answers & think I got a higher mark because of it so I’d definitely recommend taking the time to review everything.

This Tuesday I also passed Mod 4 show & tell 1st time. I did 4 before 3 so that I’m good-to-go as soon as I pass Cat C. Couldn’t seem to find much official study material for Mod 4 but I found the videos by E.P Training useful. Here’s a link to one of them:

youtu.be/xoWh1tY-Pl4

Think I discovered them through a link on this forum but can’t remember exactly!

I had grandfather rights so could’ve done the Periodic CPC which wouldn’t have had the pass/fail risk that Initial CPC has but once I got Mod 2 entitlement added on by the DVLA the Initial CPC route seemed easier to organise, quite a high pass rate & a bit cheaper.

My original plan was to do Mod 3 Cat C driver training & test in August & I’m on schedule so far as I’m booked in to start this on Monday. Really excited to start the actual driving training!!!

I’ve chosen CTTS Training based in Bathgate as it’s fairly close to home & I felt comfortable with them when I visited (also did my Mod 4 with them).

cttstraining.co.uk/

The GP that did my D4 medical also seemed to think I couldn’t go far wrong by choosing CTTS.

driversmedicalsolutions.co.uk/

This is the place I went to for my D4. Professional & cheap (£50), based in a GP surgery in Falkirk.

Fingers crossed, a week tomorrow I’ll have my Cat C pass under my belt!

Cheers!

JenS

Hi JenS

Well done on passing your theory, hazard perception & your CPC modules - first time! There’s some really good info here for fellow beginners, thank you for sharing.

Good luck for your driver training and test! You’ll smash it!

Let us know how it goes :smiley:

Hayley

Good luck, you’ll fly through :sunglasses:

All the very best! :grimacing: :smiley:

When I did my theory tests I was worried about the hazard perception most of all because when I did the theory for my car licence I passed on the 4th attempt lol. I wasnt worried about the case studies or the actual theory questions.

When I did the mock hazard perception tests with the training material I was given from GTG in glasgow, I was still failing them. The good thing was it showed you when I should have clicked to spot the hazard. Most of the time I was clicking far too early.

So I found that once i saw a hazard developing i waited an extra second then clicked. I began to get higher scores and began passing the mock tests. I thought if it works in the mock tests I’ll do it in the actual test and it worked. I passed all 3 first time and I skipped out the theory test center lol.

When I did my initial cpc it was basically a show me tell me kind of thing and it was basically common sense. We got a sheet of paper with what was going to be asked and with the answers on. Throughout the week we took 30 mins each day so the instructor could show us what was expected of us. Also showed us how to use the bar, ratchet straps and the chain and tensioner on the cage but the examiner just walked right by it and went straight out to the truck. Also passed first time was a doddle

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk