The ball is rolling

Just booked my medical with Doctors On Wheels, 16th Jan was the soonest I could get.

Now I need to start training for my theory test! Any recommendations on what books/dvd/websites to use?

I passed my car test in June 09 so will need to sort CPC too I believe?

Got my voucher ready to book with Peter, buzzing!

Hopefully this time next year il be a recovery truck driver.

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

Jordan

Get an app for phone or ipad. Called LGV Theory Test and Hazard Perception. Its Ā£6.99 but worth every penny. Also look at booking your CPC Module 2 which is similar questions to theory but a bit more detailed. Mod 4 Pete will do with you.

Good luck.

Phil1979:
Get an app for phone or ipad. Called LGV Theory Test and Hazard Perception. Its Ā£6.99 but worth every penny. Also look at booking your CPC Module 2 which is similar questions to theory but a bit more detailed. Mod 4 Pete will do with you.

Good luck.

Thatā€™s great, purchased!

Thanks for the help.

Jordan

The official dsa guide to driving goods vehicles, and profesional LGV drivers handbook,
try the library or buy them to keep.
I found both helpful.
good luck

If your doing the hazard perception test I can recommend the "Driving Test Success Hazard Perception Test "(PC) DVDs off amazon

Good luck :smiley:

Can I also suggest that you purchase ā€œdriving theory for allā€ itā€™s a website.

Well worth the money for prep for your cpc module 2.

richcfc1:
Can I also suggest that you purchase ā€œdriving theory for allā€ itā€™s a website.

Well worth the money for prep for your cpc module 2.

I second that. Iā€™m using it in prep for my HGV theory & HP tests - covers everything in great detail with lots of modules and to practice what youā€™ve learned :wink:

amazon.co.uk/Complete-Theory ā€¦ mplete+lgv

Just passed my multiple choice first time thanks to this.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Iā€™ve purchased the App suggested by Phil, it seems good!

Iā€™ve been doing mock tests without training and the lowest iā€™ve got so far is 79/100 which Iā€™m happy with some of the questions I am guessing! So hopefully with some revising Iā€™ll be able to pass! Passed the car theory first time so fingers crossed.

Canā€™t wait now. Been considering it for a couple of years so it feels great to know 2015 will start with some progress!

JJ0063:
Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions!

Iā€™ve purchased the App suggested by Phil, it seems good!

Iā€™ve been doing mock tests without training and the lowest iā€™ve got so far is 79/100 which Iā€™m happy with some of the questions I am guessing! So hopefully with some revising Iā€™ll be able to pass! Passed the car theory first time so fingers crossed.

Canā€™t wait now. Been considering it for a couple of years so it feels great to know 2015 will start with some progress!

Iā€™m just like yourself mate, ive been considering it myself for a couple of years, but Iā€™ve been given an opportunity that I canā€™t really turn down, my fiancƃĀ©ā€™s dad runs an haulage company and has me a wagon ready and waiting for when I pass, heā€™s also helping by footing the bill for training.

Good luck with the rest of the tests.

So today is the day for my medical guys, Doctors On Wheels in Norwich which apparently is a campervan at East Coast Driver Training!

I can then get my provisional.

Baby steps, but Iā€™ll get there!

Have heard the story about the campervan :smiley:
East coast driver training are who I used for class c and I will be back there on feb 9th for my c+e , I also got my cpc with them .

For the Theory and Hazard perception revision I used The Complete LGV & PCV CD that I got of Amazon :slight_smile:

Worth every penny!

Now I have passed them two tests, going to resell the disc :smiley:

Hereā€™s what I got for study etc.
EBay / Amazon is your best friend for these.

1. The official highway code
  2. The official DVSA theory test for drivers of large vehicles
  3. Driver CPC (official DVSA guide)
  4. The official DVSA guide to driving goods vehicles.

The above are all books and I recommend getting the ā€œofficialā€ stuff as thatā€™s what youā€™ll be tested against.

I the downloaded (android)
LGV Theory Test + HPT kit
The benefit of this is that you can practice anywhere, lunch,in bed on the loo etc etc. You do have to buy this but itā€™s worth every penny (I passed first time with this app and I passed first time using the PCV version)

I also bought " The complete LGV & PCV theory and hazard perception tests" by focus media - this is pc software and pretty close to the actual thing. I registers your progress etc so you can see where you do well and areas that need improvement.

I got all of this from eBay, New and a hell of a lot cheaper than getting it from WHSmiths etc I think I paid about 50 quid for all of that and well worth it.

Well that was interesting.

Mercedes sprinter on the edge of an industrial estate ā€œDoctors on wheelsā€

I get in the back, greeted by an Eastern European gentleman. ā€œQuick quick fast. How you hear about this company? Take my card tell your friends I charge Ā£40, dont give this company any more money. I left Leicester at 7.45am, have driven to Sunderland, Manchester, norwich and now I have to drive to Exeter and Iā€™ve not had a break yetā€

He checked my vision from probably 6ft away, Iā€™d read two letters before heā€™d taken the card down. Checked blood pressure & then asked me my height and weight. Asked a few questions whilst ticking loads of boxes. Continued telling me how heā€™s still waiting for some wages from August where he worked his day off & that he wants people to spread the word of him being self employed so they donā€™t give another penny to doctors on wheels. I quote ā€œ[zb] this companyā€

I was in and out in 6 mins according to amber waiting in the car, and relieved of Ā£51 for the pleasure.

Nice guy but I get the feeling he doesnā€™t like the company he works for!

JJ0063:
Well that was interesting.

Mercedes sprinter on the edge of an industrial estate ā€œDoctors on wheelsā€

I get in the back, greeted by an Eastern European gentleman. ā€œQuick quick fast. How you hear about this company? Take my card tell your friends I charge Ā£40, dont give this company any more money. I left Leicester at 7.45am, have driven to Sunderland, Manchester, norwich and now I have to drive to Exeter and Iā€™ve not had a break yetā€

He checked my vision from probably 6ft away, Iā€™d read two letters before heā€™d taken the card down. Checked blood pressure & then asked me my height and weight. Asked a few questions whilst ticking loads of boxes. Continued telling me how heā€™s still waiting for some wages from August where he worked his day off & that he wants people to spread the word of him being self employed so they donā€™t give another penny to doctors on wheels. I quote ā€œ[zb] this companyā€

I was in and out in 6 mins according to amber waiting in the car, and relieved of Ā£51 for the pleasure.

Nice guy but I get the feeling he doesnā€™t like the company he works for!

I had the same guy a few weeks back in St Albans,top man :smiley:

So today I finally got my license back with the provisional entitlements

Theory & hazard perception booked for 27th March! Getting there slowlyā€¦