Help for new driver

Ok pass my class 2 test back in April and not driven since I pass but a opportunity as come up to drive a class 2 truck. So went for the assessment today and didn’t go as well as I would of liked and the truck was way bigger and longer than i took my test in. So now I am doubting myself that i can even do the job comany are willing to send me out with somone to get the experience. But to be honest it was dam scary driving it. So was wounding if any of you guys and lady’s have any tips to getter over it and have more confident with the driving.

Thanks

Use your username, take things slow. Ask loads of questions and if in doubt stop and think, although not in lane two of the M6

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Take the offer, if they are willing to send you out with an experienced driver, then you should get someone who will help and guide you, rather than sitting there getting the hump cos they got stuck with a newbie. Ask them loads of questions, no matter how stupid, and T Y F T (TAKE YOUR TRUCKING TIME!) It’s the only way you’ll gain any experience.
Buggering it up is all part of trucking, and a way of gaining experience, so don’t worry if you do, as long as it’s not too bad! Again, an experienced driver should hopefully stop you from ballsing up too badly.
DO IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Deano:
Use your username

Could be Mrs low :exclamation: :wink: :laughing:

Agree with the previous posts. Take your time, make your own judgements and be confident. Even if you do get someone that’s not helpful just crack on. Don’t be rushed by anyone if it takes a few goes to get in or out of somewhere then so be it and don’t forget every one was new at some point, my experience has been that other drivers are happy to help a newbie. I think the most important thing is not to panic and start rushing. Good luck

Take a deep breath and think to yourself you’ve done the hard part in passing your test and getting a job offer, a lot of new drivers find themselves going down the agency route.
This employer obviously thinks your worth his time by saying you can go out with someone to get experience.
Take the job and relax

It’s almost inevitable that folks will be presented with a different vehicle to the one they trained on. If it’s bigger, give it more room. If it’s got a different gear change and you don’t think you can sort it out - ask.

Your training should equip you - to an extent - for the real world but there are lots of exceptions that will rely on common sense and asking questions. (Google is great if you don’t want to ask a person).

All the best with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

ROG:

El Deano:
Use your username

Could be Mrs low :exclamation: :wink: [emoji38]

My wife is, she’s only 5ft2. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Er why not work for someone with a smaller truck to gain experience. Personally I love driving something with a massive tail swing just so my brain is engaged.