Confidence boost needed Please

hiya guys great site, very helpfull for me, and im sure every other new driver too, i start my first class C job this monday, on my birthday and im ■■■■■■■■ myselfe, I just hope everything I learned sticks in my brain, at least untill I get out of the yard anyway LOL[/b]

It is nerve wracking, isn’t it? Just try to remember that the hard bit is the test and you suvived that so this will be a piece of cake. :wink: If your employer is aware of your inexperience then they should be supportive and understanding.
Just take things a bit at a time, concerntrate on your checks then on getting out of the yard excetera. It is rarely as bad as you imagine and as time goes on the days that make you nervous get fewer and further between. You have done well to get this far and you have a job doing what you want to do all you have to do now is enjoy. :smiley:
Good luck and please let us know how you get on. :wink:
You’ll be great. :sunglasses:

thanks ladytrucker, yeh the test was the hard bit your right, and I realy do want to do this job… :smiley:

rayprice as ladytrucker679 hasposted take your time and do not be afarid to ask ,questions, as this is how we all began and are still doing even now,the
learning never ends no matter how long you may have been driveing,take it easy as rome was not built in a day ,have fun and please let us kow how it all went,

thanks pete, ill post again and let you know how it goes, thanks

Have you tried logging into chat ray?

We have all been there, first job etc.

Hopefully your new employer will either give you something fairly straightforward to begin with or maybe pair you with one of the old hands for a day or two.

Just remember that no one drives perfectly 100% of the time, you will make small mistakes but you will learn from these as well.

If you are unsure about about something ask for help, they would rather explain or show you rather than you get in a muddle and cause an accident or damage something.

After a couple of days on your own you will feel much more confident, a couple of months and you will be an old hand and thinking nothing of manouevring into tight spaces, or driving through unfamiliar towns etc.

Don’t rush and you’ll be fine.

Best of luck.

hey thanks guys, im realy looking forward to it, and you guys are a real help, i will keep you informed on the progress

stay safe
Ray :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All the best Ray.

The best of luck to you rayprice!

Karl.

good luck for monday Ray :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
once your out of the yard, running down the road on your own, you
will have a big daft grin on your face wondering what you were
worried about.
take it easy mate, dont rush things and most important of all…
ENJOY :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good luck tomorrow Ray. Try not to worry about it nearly all drivers are willing to help,if in doubt ask. You may feel like your asking stupid questions, I doubt you will be, but even if you are it’s better than making stupid mistakes. Two years on I still sit in the cab and think " what the hell did I do that for"
Don’t rush take your time and as somebody said have fun.

ok guys the time has arrived, im off to bed now ready for a fresh start in the morning, thank you everyone for you words of encouragment and kindness, it has helped a lot, i will keep you up to speed on the progress…

cheers everybody and stay safe
Ray

Maybe a bit late with this advice as today was your first day, but if there was one piece of advice I would give it would be a simple one…

TAKE IT EASY…

Take your time, dont try to rush around, drive gently and slowly, and you will see, like I did, that other road users allow for your lack of speed (after all you’re in a lorry!!)

Drive with consideration for your truck, and look ahead.