Hgv medical

Ok, so I am 45 and have my first medical in a couple of weeks. I have to admit that I’m a bit nervous! Haven’t had a medical since I was 21! So I can’t remember the proceedings and it’s probably changed a bit in the 24 years.

So, what will happen? All I remember is a few questions and a basic eyesight test. Is this still what happens? Or is there more to it?

my medical was eye sight seeing if i could touch my toes and had full movement of my limbs then just questions on my health and history and then a check of a artery or something that goes down the centre of my tummy.

If you go to your own GP they have a quick chat and smile as you give them a weeks wages,
Otherwise go see a doctor on wheels type who will chat and take a few pounds from you,
They will probably both tell you your blood pressures. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that’s kind of what I was expecting. I’m going to see my own gp, I’m not worried about cost, I ain’t paying for it :wink:

As I’ve said numerous times before - the “medical examination” is no such thing - it’s an eyesight test, check of the blood pressure and a load of questions mostly along the lines of “Have you ever suffered from ?” Your own GP should be able to answer almost all of them without actually speaking to you. Both times I’ve had one (different doctors) I was asked to bring a urine sample to the appointment but neither of them even looked at it, let alone tested it for signs of diabetes…

Wheel Nut:
If you go to your own GP they have a quick chat and smile as you give them a weeks wages,
Otherwise go see a doctor on wheels type who will chat and take a few pounds from you,
They will probably both tell you your blood pressures. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the GP measure your blood pressure before or after telling you how much they charge… :laughing: