Need help reg. Class 2 finance

Hi everone,firstly Im so happy to come cross this wonderfull forum!

My name is John Im almost 40y and have been driving cars and small vans for 12 years ago. have 4 different driving licenses from diffrent countries
includes UK. and now Im interested to be on board just like you guys :smiley:

actually, I’ve just passed the Theory test and hazard and preparing myself to get the practical stuff
but Im beyond the budget to start class 2 training. and I have some questions and appreciated in advance to provide some answers:

1- any advise for good training schools with finance options?
2- HGV Training offered me a full package of Class 2 and cpc with pass gurantee + 2 times re-test in case of fail for £3200
but as I was reading some old posts that its has a bad reputation and they’re a broker more than a training school, in other website some 5 stars was given to them as a good school and they have been developed much better than before. what you think about them?? :neutral_face:
3- I live in west london W3. wallace school of transport is very close to me but there training package
6 day Auto LGV Course - 5 days training and test on 6th day Suitable for all drivers this = £1650
I know they are good but did someone tried to get a finance from them?
4- final question, any advise of some good schools with reasnoable prices (not cheap!! but reasonable) what do you recommend in london??

appreciated your reply in advance

Gemini2011:
Hi everone,firstly Im so happy to come cross this wonderfull forum!

My name is John Im almost 40y and have been driving cars and small vans for 12 years ago. have 4 different driving licenses from diffrent countries
includes UK. and now Im interested to be on board just like you guys :smiley:

actually, I’ve just passed the Theory test and hazard and preparing myself to get the practical stuff
but Im beyond the budget to start class 2 training. and I have some questions and appreciated in advance to provide some answers:

1- any advise for good training schools with finance options?
2- HGV Training offered me a full package of Class 2 and cpc with pass gurantee + 2 times re-test in case of fail for £3200
but as I was reading some old posts that its has a bad reputation and they’re a broker more than a training school, in other website some 5 stars was given to them as a good school and they have been developed much better than before. what you think about them?? :neutral_face:
3- I live in west london W3. wallace school of transport is very close to me but there training package
6 day Auto LGV Course - 5 days training and test on 6th day Suitable for all drivers this = £1650
I know they are good but did someone tried to get a finance from them?
4- final question, any advise of some good schools with reasnoable prices (not cheap!! but reasonable) what do you recommend in london??

appreciated your reply in advance

Check the offer for PSTT in the newbies forum. He’s not local to you but the savings would cover the cost of b&b for a few nights.

Excuse my ignorance mate, but I didn’t understand what you mean could you explain what is newbies forum?

Gemini2011:
Excuse my ignorance mate, but I didn’t understand what you mean could you explain what is newbies forum?

At the bottom of this page is a drop down box which says professional drivers forum. Click on it and 4th down is new and wannabe drivers. Click and go there. Have a look at the posts there starting with the top ones. Lots of help and advice in there

The new and wannabe section of the forum.

Also the company you mentioned are training brokers don’t use them.

Avoid the training broker like the plague

I think you should go get your head checked out.
This industry is ■■■■■■ & has been for sometime, personally I wouldn’t get finance to get a job doing this, it would be like paying for your own demise! However if you insist on aiding your own decline stay away from brokers as already mentioned. Try contacting local companies see if they’ll take you on & put you through test. Good luck.

dbk23:
This industry is [zb] & has been for sometime, personally I wouldn’t get finance to get a job doing this, it would be like paying for your own demise! However if you insist on aiding your own decline stay away from brokers as already mentioned. Try contacting local companies see if they’ll take you on & put you through test. Good luck.

Got to agree with all of that, the o/p would be better putting his money into plant training on machines and the like, definitely more lucrative than this crock of ■■■■ job, and how it’s gone down the khazi over the years.
I would personally hate to be a newbie in this day and age,… and this is from somebody who was once Mr Keen on all things trucks and transport once over believe it or not.

If you still aint been put off :smiley: …, try The Green Death, they speciaise in moulding and brainwashing…err I mean training, drivers. :smiley:

robroy:

dbk23:
This industry is [zb] & has been for sometime, personally I wouldn’t get finance to get a job doing this, it would be like paying for your own demise! However if you insist on aiding your own decline stay away from brokers as already mentioned. Try contacting local companies see if they’ll take you on & put you through test. Good luck.

Got to agree with all of that, the o/p would be better putting his money into plant training on machines and the like, definitely more lucrative than this crock of [zb] job, and how it’s gone down the khazi over the years.
I would personally hate to be a newbie in this day and age,… and this is from somebody who was once Mr Keen on all things trucks and transport once over believe it or not.

If you still aint been put off :smiley: …, try The Green Death, they speciaise in moulding and brainwashing…err I mean training, drivers. :smiley:

Sorry to ■■■■ in. I haven’t passed my class 2 yet after failing first time and saving enough to train somewhere else. I did look at the plant machinery side myself. The problem, it is just contract work rather than full time regular income

JASCAMBS:

robroy:

dbk23:

Got to agree with all of that, the o/p would be better putting his money into plant training on machines and the like, definitely more lucrative than this crock of [zb] job, and how it’s gone down the khazi over the years.

Sorry to ■■■■ in. I haven’t passed my class 2 yet after failing first time and saving enough to train somewhere else. I did look at the plant machinery side myself. The problem, it is just contract work rather than full time regular income

Yep if you want to get on Plant for the major contractors CPCS OR NPORS, Its near enough just as regulated as Lorry driving now really. Lots of places require fit to work medicals drugs and alcohol testing AND you have to keep renewing your tickets every 5 years much the same as the drivers CPC. As said above you can be dropped from a job in a heartbeat due to being rained off or whatever if your agency. If you want to save a few pennies you could try an apprenticeship to get your licence? Might go in your favour as you have already done your theory stuff.

dbk23:

This 100%
You dont want to get into debt training for this industry. Why not instead save up your money every month into a savings account untill you have the pot to pay for your training outright?

Have you seen our interest free finance offer?

£200 on booking
£200 2 weeks before start of training
£100 per month for 10 months after completion of training

Total £1400.

Accommodation not included but can arrange for £30 per night. Do it over a weekend and maybe only 2 nights to pay for (3 max)

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

RB84:

JASCAMBS:

robroy:

dbk23:

Yep if you want to get on Plant for the major contractors CPCS OR NPORS, Its near enough just as regulated as Lorry driving now really. Lots of places require fit to work medicals drugs and alcohol testing AND you have to keep renewing your tickets every 5 years much the same as the drivers CPC. As said above you can be dropped from a job in a heartbeat due to being rained off or whatever if your agency. If you want to save a few pennies you could try an apprenticeship to get your licence? Might go in your favour as you have already done your theory stuff.

Exactly what you are saying. I looked into plant work but saw the jobs posted and saw them advertised as contract for 1 or 2 weeks or maybe a month. I don’t think i can get an apprenticeship, i am 34 and would not know anybody that offers them or would put me through here, Peterborough area

JASCAMBS, There is Mick George out your way could be worth a try? or someone put on here the other day that Turners of Soham were looking for apprentices. Saying that if you can afford to pay for your training your not tied to anyone then.