Hopefully future new driver

Rang Easy As HGV today about taking my Class 2 as soon as possible. Been referred to them by a friend who took the course with them 6 years ago.

I’m 22 years old and love driving. Currently I’m a ski instructor and looking to do this as I would prefer driving. My friend also wants to start up a haulage firm in the not too distant future so we will see where it goes.

Ringing up tomorrow to pay for the course and get started. Can’t wait.

Got the class 2 course lined up, pass protection, CPC and fast track.

To be brutally honest mate, I would shop around and do some assessments. It’s a heck of a lot of money and you need to be happy with the vehicle, the instructor and the general impression of the company. The company you name are on the list of brokers (middle men) and you end up paying a lot more for (usually) poorer quality training.

I know your friend recommended them but how much did he shop around?

If you say where you are based there are many experienced trainers reading this that can help you find somewhere reputable near you. You can also find a list of DSA certified trainers online and these are all guaranteed to be high quality as the instructors get examined every 3 years.

All the best for your training.

I would not pay anything until you have met them and had an assessment

Check out the stickies near the top of this forum

DON’T DO IT!!

Check dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

If you can find Easy on the list, I’ll pay for your course.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Dont do it look around first

Would you buy a car over the phone without seeing it 1st :question:

Would you buy a house without seeing it 1st :question:

If the answer in no to any of the above then dont

Go look for a local trainer meet have a test drive of the vehicle make sure that you are happy with it all before you part with any money

My provider done everything for me gave me the D2 & D4 forms sorted medical supplied training material as well as booking my theory & HPT then training & test I did meet them but also knew them from experience as well as recommendations

Dont forget you will also need mod 2 & 4 sorry dont know anything bout them as didnt need them

There are no national training providers btw

We’ll I’m based in East Sussex so who can you recommend? It’s just appealing that I have a friend who has used them so I can trust them, he was happy with their experience. Also all the hard work and guaranteed a job at the end of it. Need to get working before Christmas really.

Just looked on Easy HGV website…they promise a lot…and even Guarantee a job for you and that Class 2 work £25,000 pa…clever marketing…

My advice…and this is what i did, was to ask local agencies and employers of local reputable training companies…I did a lot of research on this.

nurburg340:
We’ll I’m based in East Sussex so who can you recommend? It’s just appealing that I have a friend who has used them so I can trust them, he was happy with their experience. Also all the hard work and guaranteed a job at the end of it. Need to get working before Christmas really.

Depends if you are willing to travel a bit because there does seem to be a shortage of trainers in your area. You could give Steve a call at Lancing Driver Training, they have had good words said about them on here. I would at least phone for a price to compare with EasyLGV, I would wager it would still be cheaper to drive to Lancing every day!

The nearest DSA registered would be Wallace in Guildford. Wallace has a few centers in the South East and is a reputable big name.

Where in East Sussex are you as the test centres here are Hastings or Lancing.
Again I’ll vouch for Steve at Lancing. You also have Hills in Plumpton who are quite well established.
I’ve never seen a Easy as HGV vehicle at the test centre so I’m assuming they are a broker = steer clear.

m1cks:
I’ve never seen a Easy as HGV vehicle at the test centre so I’m assuming they are a broker…

they are a broker but might also have a few training vehicles themselves so I would insist on an assessment before paying anything

if they have their own vehicles then they will be happy to do that

if they do not have their own vehicles then they will not allow that to happen because they are intending to farm you out to a training company that does and they will take their cut for simply doing that which usually equates to the cost of one days training so you end up paying for 4 days including test instead of 5 days including test if you had gone directly to the actual school that trains you

Most brokers talk about a ‘course’ but do not tell you exactly how long that course is so get that info from all who you get quotes from so you can do a like for like comparison

They can not guarantee a job at the end of your training that simply wont happen

There are jobs out there but you may have to look for them