Looking Forward to the Future

So I posted months ago about how I was unhappy with my instruction due to the instructor constantly telling me how at my age (19) I would find it very hard due to such low experience and the fact he tended to last out at mistakes.

Anyway I put in a complaint and changed instructor and was getting on really well with my training. Due to unforeseen circumstances though I had to put off training for a while. When I came back (about a month ago) they put me back with original instructor and I struggled again.

I ended up cancelling my lessons with them due to feeling low confidence in my abilities. anyway i kept thinking about it and it has annoyed me so I’ve decided to start again but this time I have gone for a company that seems more reputable. Unfortunately I have to wait till near the end of May but feel this will be much better and hopefully I’ll feel more confident and i’ll be able to prove age doesn’t make a difference.

Hope it works out for you. Did you not think of calling Peter Smythe? You hear nothing but good about the school.

Confused as to why you accepted being out with him for a second time given that you’re paying them for a service so it’s your right to choose.

Hope you been to visit the company in question & are happy by meeting them etc

Good luck nowt wrong with being young we all were at 1 time ( still am in my head :laughing: )

xichrisxi:
Confused as to why you accepted being out with him for a second time given that you’re paying them for a service so it’s your right to choose.

Didn’t get told. I phoned them to say I was starting again and they said they said that was fine. Arrived at the yard and the original instructor was there and I’d told them I didn’t want to be under his instruction. Part of the reason I ended up stopping for a while.

animal:
Hope you been to visit the company in question & are happy by meeting them etc

Good luck nowt wrong with being young we all were at 1 time ( still am in my head :laughing: )

Haha thanks mate. Yes met the guy and looked at reviews and they get very good write ups. The guy doing my training appears very professional and told me that was ridiculous saying I was too young to do it as he has taught people my age and younger.

Like every trade or profession theres good and bad ,had similar experience doing my class 1 lessons the instructor was just a grumpy old so and so anyway he didn’t instill any confidence in me whatsoever anyway to cut a long story a bit shorter I failed at first attempt ,reapplied and had another instructor the difference was unreal felt way more confident and this time knew I had every chance of passing which I did with just 1 minor compared to I wont mention all the minors I got previously :smiley:

Oh and that age thing he harped on about is nonsense ,you were dead right to change instructor if more would do the same he would hopefully find himself looking for another job :smiley:

Rambler42:
Oh and that age thing he harped on about is nonsense ,you were dead right to change instructor if more would do the same he would hopefully find himself looking for another job :smiley:

Cheers mate. The company has actually gone bankrupt oddly enough and the owner has run off with everyone’s money so good thing I left when I did.