Start me Class 2 training tommorrow

Am I excited?? im not sure… a whole new chapter in my life is about to start eeeeek!!

Good Luck, you’ll enjoy it

As Shaun said, good luck. Once your on the road, you will enjoy every minute!

Keep us all updated on how things go on!

All the best mate.

Best of luck dude :sunglasses:

Thanks guys, will keep you all posted. Top and bottom of it all is I had some spare cash and ive worked in retail since I was 19 am now 36 (on min wage, apart from when I get bonus) so thought I’d give something else a go I know its not plain sailing and been told of the class one drivers that I see regular that I should push myself to do it, so im giving it a go - you never know I might even surprise myself in the process. Will keep you informed to how my week goes. Test Friday…

I did 18 years in retail. Had my own stores, but was never my own boss like I am now. Just listen to your trainer, he won’t feed you any duff info. Do as you’re told and you’ll sail it.

I’m sure it makes no difference at all, but I did all my training in civvies and scruffs, but made sure I looked the part on test day. Made me feel that he’d look at me as a professional, rather than a chancer. And I did pass both tests first time

Good luck m8 , nothing I can add all said above take your time enjoy it , and most importantly listen to your instructor all the best fella .

Update = Had a good weeks training, slow first 2 days hitting curbs got really annoyed with myself - told myself off so much. Then Wednesday came and something just clicked into place havent hit anymore curbs and took a lot more notice of whats going on around me, starting to forward plan more and try not to change down gears as quickly. The only problem im having at the moment is judging the reverse im getting in to the garage ok but am nervous i make a mistake tomorrow and dont judge the final stopping area. Test is tomorrow so Im hoping all my hard work pays off.

Good luck for tomorrow I took my test at the end of Febuary and was nervous before hand but as soon as I got going in the test the nerves soon went just relax as much as you can. As I said hope it goes well.

Justin

Poolie101:
The only problem im having at the moment is judging the reverse im getting in to the garage ok but am nervous i make a mistake tomorrow and dont judge the final stopping area. Test is tomorrow so Im hoping all my hard work pays off.

Main advice is relax and take your time. BTW you should have been told that you are allowed to leave the cab once during the reversing exercise. So if you are not sure, stop on the safe side. Engine off. Go and have a look. Get back in and adjust.

One chap I know got asked by the examiner three times if he was happy with that. He didn’t take the hint. He had stopped too short and hence failed.

Best of luck with test, and relax!

Good luck for tomorrow Poolie

Good luck for the test! I recommend boiled sweets to stop your mouth drying out! :smiley:

Good luck! Passed mine first time yesterday and haven’t stopped smiling yet :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks guys 2.30pm test fingers crossed

Fingers crossed. Have something to eat beforehand and remember to hydrate in the run up. :slight_smile:

Test day. Never been so nervous in my life!! Started making loads of mistakes, panicking maybe a little bit too much, got to the test center for my test at 2.15pm everything went well, reverse went ok even though my mind had gone a bit blank had to take 2 shunts as I did clip the back of the reversing bay but got away with it, overall my test drive was ok didnt think my overall driving was a problem. Got back to the test station and the examiner asked me where the fire was?? He said I was too quick and said I failed coming up to some parked cars and rushing to get round them and not letting oncoming traffic past making the first car brake, thought he was very harsh at this point I did argue with him!! But hay ho had a cracking week and cannot wait for the re-test.

Aww that’s bad news, 2nd time round I think many fail first time round and them nerves don’t help. Do you think you was in the wrong with regards to what the examiner said?

Commiserations. But now you know what to expect the 2nd time will be easier. I passed 2nd time and the difference was like night and day. I was trying to be an F1 driver the first time :unamused: By the 2nd time had I figured out that approaching junctions and hazards at a crawl is fine and gives you time to plan, think, and get in the mirror checks. Best of luck for the retest. Tim

noney82:
Aww that’s bad news, 2nd time round I think many fail first time round and them nerves don’t help. Do you think you was in the wrong with regards to what the examiner said?

Im not sure, its a 40mph road with parked cars to my left, 2 cars were coming down the opposite side of the road, I slowed down indicated and went for it, the examiner said that I made the first car brake but he did get passed me, the second car did come to a stop and flashed me through but he was 40 yards down the road - thinking about it i probs was in the wrong, but I suppose I may have been done for hesitating aswell. 50/50… The other thing that wound me up was that the examiner wanted general chit - chat with me he said I was very quiet and I explained to him that I’d paid a lot of money out this week and passing was a priority, I also said that you expect a high standard of driving from me aswell and im trying to concentrate, maybe he thought I was being off with him■■? When we got back to the yard he said I should take some paracetamol next time it might simmer me down - thinking about it was he out of order■■? Was he having a bad day?? Am annoyed a little bit.