First day with stobarts tomorrow

I was on agency, so the rate of pay was better for me. Lots of full timers love to moan about the money, but imho it’s not that bad. The odd and elegant system of bonuses doesn’t help, the hourly rate is crap, but the bonuses make it up. In fact, the only place I have worked with a weirder and more confusing system is Swains. But that’s another story.

It’s clean work, with not too much load interaction. It’s a good place to start for a newbie. You get to see … basically everywhere. You are monitored and micromanaged and they are a pain in the arse for keep ringing you. You get to meet a good cross section of people, some good some numpties. It’s long hours and some of the drops are stupid tight.

I enjoyed my time there. On nestle,the planners seem to leave you alone. Everything is computerised. You need a bloody it degree to work the onboard system, but they are more forgiving with agency.

I would go back, but everything has been subbied out at bardon, they move to castle donnington in 2019 so I think they are on a wind down.

Hope you enjoy it :slight_smile: