Driver Induction at Stobarts Widnes

Hi Guys,
1st post so be gentle :smiley:
Got a start at stobarts, and have to attend a driver induction at there training academy at Widnes!
Can anyone give us any details on what to expect,never attended one of these before and don’t know what to expect?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70749

Thanks for the reply bojangles,
i have already done my driving assessment and interveiw and passed that, now got a start date!
But before i start at the depot i have to attend this driving induction at Widnes which is 2 days course according to the letter.Just not sure what to expect?

Lowloader,all it is,is a 2 day course on how to do things the Stobart way.
Things like paperwork,background to the company(its nothing like the channel 5 show)and uniform etc.
Its just so you dont go into the job blind,it covers most things in 2 days that everywhere else you have to go around asking people for days on end.
Not been to the new academy yet,supposed to be quite smart from what i hear.

Thanks Jase :slight_smile:
I am a bit nervous, only ever worked for small firms before.
The guy in the interveiw said about this training academy being very impressive!!
saying it has a driving simulator and brand new trailers inside it!
must be some size then? :open_mouth:

A chap out of our office went up there a few weeks back to pick up a new Skoda,sorry Scania :laughing: and he said it was really impressive.Supposed to be in a warehouse with a new truck and trailer in it and tiered seats around it.
At least with ESL,they show you around,practically how to do the job and not just throw the keys at you(unless your an agency driver :lol):
Just make sure youve got room at home for the new drivers handbook,its bloody massive!!
Not been issued to us yet,but i think the new starters have started to receive it.
Are you on the Tesco contract?

going on the soft drinks contract out of crick on nights!
looking forward to it as it all seems very professional up to now, bit different to what i am used to!
did my driving assessment the other week and that was quite a eye opener!!!
The Driver trainer was very good and put me at ease as i was shaking like a leaf!

lowloader:
Hi Guys,
1st post so be gentle :smiley:
Got a start at stobarts, and have to attend a driver induction at there training academy at Widnes!
Can anyone give us any details on what to expect,never attended one of these before and don’t know what to expect?

no,just chucked the keys and told to get on with it,wasnt bothered about the classroom bit,but wouldnt of minded the â– â– â– â–  up on the night thats paid for :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

This job is sounding better by the minute!
PAID â– â– â– â–  UPâ– â– ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: