Career

Can I expect to get a career out of driving? I’m about to go for medical and go for licenses. I’m in Scotland. West Lothian.

I’d prefer rural roads to motorways.

StevieMalcolm:
Can I expect to get a career out of driving? I’m about to go for medical and go for licenses. I’m in Scotland. West Lothian.

I’d prefer rural roads to motorways.

Likely to be non regular agency work rather than full time perm employment - that can be seen by the job vacancies that are out there

There are companies who will start you just not alot advertise they just need you to chap on doors. I passed on a Friday and started Monday with company. Still there now. Jbt will take you on in Bathgate. Not the greatest I have heard but gives you experience and fully time job straight away.

mrhankey:
There are companies who will start you just not alot advertise they just need you to chap on doors. I passed on a Friday and started Monday with company. Still there now. Jbt will take you on in Bathgate. Not the greatest I have heard but gives you experience and fully time job straight away.

Goodbye home life :open_mouth:

It’s also salaried which never a good move, well not for the salary I have heard but even 6 months for a bit experience might be worth a try.

I passed at 10.30am and by 5.30pm same day I had a job. Have waited for paperwork to come through and start tomorrow tramping all week in a 59 Scania Topliner. Immensely grateful to my new boss for the opportunity. There are jobs out there & I think you’ve just got to be up front and someone will give you a chance…my boss seems pretty realistic, saying it will take a month or so for me to get my head around everything and he’s also said ‘We’ve all been there…we all had to start.’ Go for it and good luck.