Class 1 jobs scotland

Does anyone know any companies that take on drivers with no experience in the edinburgh/ livingston area, ive had my licence for years but only just got round to doing my cpc last week and have zero experience dont really want to go agency as im in a full time job and cant risk being temp, cheers for any replies folks :smiley:

Maybe you should get a refresher course done first? Then have a ring round or drive round and speak to people.

Doing a refresher is great advice. I did half a day with a company in Bathgate when I returned to driving 18 months ago having not driven a truck for about 15 years. Amazing how quickly it all came back.

I now drive agency and mostly get as much work as I want. Suits me as I currently don’t want to be tied down and do excessive hours but appreciate it won’t suit everybody.

I’m no expert but i’d imagine you’d get kept constant on agency around that area due to the number of rdc’s or cdc’s around the Livingston (lidl/Tesco/dhl etc)/Bathgate (aldi)/eurocentral (various), newhouse (co-op etc) area if you were willing to travel to somewhere like Grangemouth (maybe a bit far for you to be realistic) i’d imagine there would plenty work/shifts going there too. Especially if willing to do nights and or weekends you’d probably get a half decent rate so as not having to do too many shifts.

Which would also give you a chance to have a word with the bosses while working there to see if there is anything full time assuming you don’t mind the job etc. Obviously if its a tramping job your after then cast your net a bit wider for a better firm as you’ll only be travelling there and back the once all week usually.

Failing the agency route if you do a search on here you should find some posts citing the ususal suspects who would probably give you a chance the Pollocks/Dalkeith’s etc etc, which you’d be as well taking to build up your confidence and experience and keep your ears open for any other openings as you get more experienced.

Obviously be aware that your unlikely to walk into a plum number until you’ve built up your reputation and experience.