Is this ok?

Just printed my tacho out yesterday. Is this shift all ok? Regards to working a driving times?

No you’ve worked more than 6 hrs without a break 08.00 to 15.35 , with the 41 minutes of POA you needed a break by 14.41.

Driving ok as you didn’t reach 4.5 hrs .

You also didn’t reach 9 hrs of work so 37 minutes of break is fine .

What were you doing from 08.00 to 12.15 to warrant “other work” ?

As bb said you’ve gone over 6 hours working time without a break, but that seems to be about the only thing wrong.

What will happen now then? I was getting inducted with paper work and slide shows. Should I have not done a manual entry? Thank you

jamieh1990:
What will happen now then? I was getting inducted with paper work and slide shows. Should I have not done a manual entry? Thank you

For breaking the 6 hours WTD rule = internal company infringement if they can be bothered to do it

jamieh1990:

Yes you was right to do a manual entry, you will get an infringement for going over 6 hours without a break.

It’s nothing to worry about though, an infringement is just the companies way of showing that they’re complying with the law, sign it, learn from it then forget it :wink:

ROG:

jamieh1990:

For breaking the 6 hours WTD rule = internal company infringement if they can be bothered to do it

Rog it’s not an internal thing it’s a legal thing let’s get that right from the start .
Just because YOU keep banging on about no prosecutions it don’t make it ok to ignor WTD.
Infringements CAN cause problems with regard to a company’s operators licence and the green light system.

tachograph:

jamieh1990:

Yes you was right to do a manual entry, you will get an infringement for going over 6 hours without a break.

It’s nothing to worry about though, an infringement is just the companies way of showing that they’re complying with the law, sign it, learn from it then forget it :wink:

Ahh ok I carnt get my head around the tacho yet but I will learn. This is my print for today. Is this good so far? I’m not even sure how to read all the printing on there to be honest. So sorry if I bore you all with the print outs. Thank you

I’m on a break now aswell been here on break for 18mins

That looks OK so far, though you haven’t done enough for anything to be wrong yet so… :smiley: :wink:

jamieh1990:
I’m not even sure how to read all the printing on there to be honest

Watch what your doing with poa and breaks.
The tachograph will see poa as a break so if you have 15 min poa then a 30 break it’ll zero your driving .

Internal WTD infringements given by companies do not follow the driver when they go elsewhere and the authorities do not seem to get that info and if they did then it seems they are not bothered

If the WTD was such an important legal requirement then why is it not enforced and why do the DVSA not have any sanctions listed for breaches in their sanctions list :question: :question:

I reckon this may be one thing that is not passed into UK law during the changeover from the EU as it would be pointless to do so

ROG:
Internal WTD infringements given by companies do not follow the driver when they go elsewhere

Nonsense, an infringement is generated by the analysis software when the driver card is analysed, an infringement of the regulations will show up on the driver card regardless of where the driver is working.

There’s no such thing as an internal infringement, it’s an infringement of the regulations plain and simple.

So starting at 9 I need a break of 30mins at 3pm?

jamieh1990:

No
If you work up to but not more than 6 hrs No break required.

Between 6 and 9 hrs breaks TOTALING 30min are required but you must take a min 15 min before exceeding 6 hrs

Working more than 9 hrs require breaks totaling 45 min,

You can’t work MORE than 6 hours without a min 15 min break.

jamieh1990:

If you start work at 09:00 and did not book any POA you would need to start a 15 minute break no later than 15:00, that is of course assuming you don’t reach 4.5 hours driving time first.

Before switching the tacho over to poa write down how much driving you have done and how much work you have done as another words how close you are to the 6hrs , over 45 mins on poa will 0 the drive time but in fact it hasn’t , all poa does is extend to when you need a break but doesn’t extend you’re working day hop that makes sense , well that’s what I do but tbh I try and not use it if I can

tachograph:
… it’s an infringement of the regulations plain and simple.

Which authority actively enforces those regs :question:

ROG:

tachograph:

ROG:
Internal WTD infringements given by companies do not follow the driver when they go elsewhere

Nonsense, an infringement is generated by the analysis software when the driver card is analysed, an infringement of the regulations will show up on the driver card regardless of where the driver is working.

There’s no such thing as an internal infringement, it’s an infringement of the regulations plain and simple.

Does it really matter, the fact is that most companies comply with the regulations regardless of whether or not the DVSA enforce them, the fact that the DVSA don’t enforce the WTD doesn’t stop it being law.

To say that an internal infringement doesn’t follow the driver when he leaves a company makes no sense regardless of whether or not the DVSA enforce the WTD.

ROG:

tachograph:
… it’s an infringement of the regulations plain and simple.

Your sounding like a brok en record now rog

It’s written in the regs so it’s law .
Just because you can’t show it’s enforced dose not stop it being law .

Companies have had their o licences capped and cut for not adhering to the regulations it may just be written as " failure to comply with drivers hours regulations and not stipulated in the general report of the precise failure". I.e. WTD ,